Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should tell Sideshow to check your trooper before sending. They should be doing this anyway. But wouldn't hurt. Then you'll be sure your $40 isn't for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip I'll try emailing them tomorrow!

I should have mine up and displayed tonight. I finally got some latex gloves to wear so I don't F up the guys armor with fingerprints.

I'm gonna be charged in 24 hours and still feeling undecided on this. Sideshow basically said anything can happen in transit to Australia and hinted if they opened it I might have a case to blame it on them.

Can you please let me know how yours look like out of the box? Thanks!

The worse thing is I flip it NIB once I receive it.

Here is mine . I am getting a replacement , but mine was purchased at SDCC so I sent the request early . You can see the dings in the armor

none arrived better than some i have seen on here, i own two other regular OT troopers and those have tight armor and are pristine. my gold one had the knee off int he box which is no big deal as it can be glued back into place. but what i do not like is the butt armor is very loose and almost not attached i messed with it but still could not fix it, also he has small scuffs on the top of his helmet that cannot be noticed unless examining it, and also like a small black paint swipe on his left shoulder armor. the shoulder armor as well is not on correctly and doesnt seem to fit like the original troopers. the helmet unibrow on mine you can also tell was painted its ok just not sharp. the other OT troopers have a rubber piece glued to the unibrow and is much more convincing. to me they cut corners with this one. it looks cool when on display as it glistens but i am not setting him up with my others in the collection cause it just doesn't go. I hope you're a arrives ok

What's the best glue to use with something like this? I don't want to mess mine up, and I have the same knee armor problem.

Those of you that got replacements are pretty lucky. I'm not so lucky. No replacements or replacement parts available. I would've been happy with just replacement shoulder pads. The best they will offer me is a $30 credit or send it back for a full refund. I'm not totally sure yet but I may go the refund route since I have the copper chrome one already.

Pics of mine. He came out great looking but you can see where hot toys rushed the **** out of him.

Armor looks good and all but too many potential issues.

Pics of mine. He came out great looking but you can see where hot toys rushed the **** out of him.

Armor looks good and all but too many potential issues.

Thanks for sharing the pics, really appreciated, seems like yours turned out great!

Waitlist conversion here.....not liking what I'm reading here.

Yea not liking what I'm seeing..

I wanted to pull out since Deadpool is looking amazing, but the SSC order was locked so fingers crossed it will be okay and survive the trip to AU

Thanks for sharing the pics, really appreciated, seems like yours turned out great!

Yea not liking what I'm seeing..

I wanted to pull out since Deadpool is looking amazing, but the SSC order was locked so fingers crossed it will be okay and survive the trip to AU

In my case (knee armor fell off, helmet is scuffed), they are sending me a new helmet and offering me $25 off a future order. If I'm happy with the new helmet, I have to destroy the old one.

Since I mentioned in my email to them that I might be able to glue the knee armor back on, they basically just said I should do that.

We'll see how this goes...I've never had to destroy something before, as I've never actually submitted a case for a collectible like this. I haven't been horribly picky in the past. This shiny gold boy just makes me feel particular. Given the cost and the importance of his appearance, I think that's understandable. Who cares if there's a scuff on a regular trooper - they're troopers. They fight and get scuffed. But the whole point of this one is to shine.

stormyhall2.jpg

Goldy is officially sold out at SSC (no longer waitlisted). I decided to roll the dice & keep my waitlist conversion, its now a live order & is expected to ship in September. If i get a dud i'll send it right back- no harm no foul - its less than a gallon of gasoline to the UPS store.

Just got back my replacement and not shocking the storm trooper head has a the worse paint job of all time. I feel like China literally sent all the badly painted ones to sideshow. This is the 2nd replacement now. Never again will I buy a figure with any shine to it. This is just a terrible terrible experience. Can't believe I was excited for this. Just going to return this for a full refund.

My replacement gold helmet had dents and couple of scratches. Bought two more two packs of the reg troopers so I have six now.

Back