Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, how do you ask them for a credit when you don't care too much about the issues?

I tried that with my Speederbike, and I think they read it wrong and dropped the CS case thinking I was absolutely fine with it. The speeder bike cables aren't long enough and one of hydraulic arms at the back was pre-broken, plus several other niggles, but you never really look close enough to tell. I couldn't be arsed with the bother of a replacement, as I also paid half as much in customs/shipping for a fully free rewards point only purchase, I would have liked even $20 off my next purchase.

Yea here's mine:

I sent an exchange request Monday but haven't heard back yet. I have only had 2 other QC issues with SS and that was Selina Kyle's goggles years ago and my QS Boba was missing the knife accessory. That one I got from AE so it took a while to resolve.

Wow - is this a one or two off, or more widespread?

This is the exact problem I ran into with my Sideshow Jango Fett. There was enough wrong with it that I wanted something for my troubles....but they only offered my $25 rebate or I could destroy the figure and show pics and I'd get either my money back or the same figure back. Problem is that I could have fixed the problems...90% of the figure was good. But I also found $25 wasn't enough since I'm an international buyer (shipping and customs alone is like $60) and I used my rewards points to get the figure.
After weeks of debating I was offered $35 rebate and took it. I just could not come to terms with busting up a decent enough figure. I thought it was such a waste and I was very upset with their policy but I can understand it somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are upset about an issue you caused entirely by yourself when you asked for money for something you can fix?.. I have had several issues with figures. The only ones I contact SS about are the ones I can't fix. No I don't go trying to squeeze a few dollars out of SS for things I can fix. Amazing that your greed caused you to have to destroy a figure and you have to nerve to complain.

You are upset about is issue you caused entirely by yourself when you asked for money for something you can fix?.. I have had several issues with figures. The only ones I contact SS about are the ones I can't fix. No I don't go trying to squeeze a few dollars out of SS for things I can fix. Amazing that your greed caused you to have to destroy a figure and you have to nerve to complain.

Hey Malgus, how is it going?

I didn't destroy it, I kept it and fixed it. The problems with it were fixable in some ways (glue on a rocket and pipe and the rocket pack), some had permanent blemishes on it (helmet, visor was scuffed up, blemish on leg armor). My reasoning was that it was a brand new figure that I paid full price for and as I said it costs a lil more to ship to Canada and the Canadian dollar isn't the best to the US dollar. I was not going to destroy it...I def had issue with that. But also I wanted a bit more than a $25 dollar credit. As I said, I used all my rewards points towards it and it takes close to 50-60 just to send it here. I wasn't asking for the world but just a bit more than $25....these are quite expensive figures and when it comes in and seems a bit used of course I'd expect something. I've never complained before...I just thought there were too many deficits with the figure to stand pat.

But listen, I totally understand your point...hopefully you can take some of mine in and understand that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - is this a one or two off, or more widespread?

Seems there have been an assortment of issues but they've all been a little different. Very frustrating but the upside is SS did get spares. I contacted them yesterday to verify. Just have to hope the replacement isn't a mess also.

This is very widespread. Lets hope they have enough spares to replace. I have yet to hear back from them regarding my initial claim, this is the 3rd day. So 3-5 right?

This is very widespread. Lets hope they have enough spares to replace. I have yet to hear back from them regarding my initial claim, this is the 3rd day. So 3-5 right?

Welp, turns out they don't have spares. Again the rep I spoke too lied or had no clue. So they offered me the standard $25 credit which I kindly countered with what are my other options?

If it was me I'd get a full refund. I would be less worried about a scuff mark on a figure that has an on-screen role which would 't make such a thing too glaring, but this is a kind of 'ornamental' figure.

12170f68899a256219dfce82eb1aac95.jpg

um wow. my god. she was insanely hot back then. an 11. man alive what a perfect specimen.

Well my wait list converted for the gold Stormtrooper, I think I'm going to have to cancel though. Too many people are having issues with this figure. I also don't want to get someone's returned figure.

Back