Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A must-get for sure (probably several) but would have liked to have a "squeaky clean" option available as well. That great looking Death Star base would benefit with a clean ST.

A must-get for sure (probably several) but would have liked to have a "squeaky clean" option available as well. That great looking Death Star base would benefit with a clean ST.
Yeah, I think I might just pick up the base alone on Toy Anxiety if possible.
Hopefully the Rogue One troopers are clean, or have minimal weathering.

That's what I thought, there's no way they would have had 'dirty' stormtroopers on the Death Star.

I had no idea until today they were doing a new Stormtrooper, I kept thinking this thread was popping up because of the gold one. I love the effort they've put in to make it distinct from the ANH troopers, although those are my favourites and the ones I shall stick with. Maybe this is why Han Stormtrooper hasn't been released yet - because of it's like Luke you'll have the option to make it just a regular ANH stormtrooper and that would compete with this one, which many people will buy just because they want any Stormtrooper.

So this new one at SDCC is basically a ROTJ stormtrooper? I did notice the eyes look a little different, plus the dirt, but I'm not familiar with the designs.

It would be nice to be able to do a set up like this one day with a couple of these guys and a HT ROTJ Luke! image.jpg

So this new one at SDCC is basically a ROTJ stormtrooper? I did notice the eyes look a little different, plus the dirt, but I'm not familiar with the designs.

Taken from RPF

Between ANH and ESB was the biggest change.

Actually the biggest changes took place during ESB and ROTJ... Aside from the helmet differences, the armour is different in the following areas:

ROTJ armour was created by taking moulds from an ESB suit, and using them to create vac-form bucks to create new components... so generally speakng the ROTJ armour's details are softer and less well-defined than ANH/ESB.
The shoulder bells on the ROTJ armour have a distinctive 'pinched' appearance, and they sit farther out when worn... making it look like the trooper's shrugging.

The ROTJ Stormtrooper chest armour, back armour, ab-section/crotch and kidney plate/butt piece all has white edging trim along the edges.

The ab-plate button details are in a different layout than the ANH/ESB costumes.

And as rigormortis said, the handguards on ESB/ROTJ suits are different to ANH handguards

HTH,
John

c386217ce61ebc2277dc5278a52854cf.jpg

442252cbdc4cccc5a9a6fb6d4f9260f5.jpg

0512e699c13f8a51562b528a3ba26561.jpg

New sculpt on the armor. Different boots. Different hand plates. Different color scheme on helmet and an buttons.
ANH hand plates
78e3909f18f2cf75cadf990b799d80b0.jpg

ROTJ hand plates.
1845baf3dad65a3bd8525cbcca72695a.jpg

Dreams of seeing a red stormtrooper repaint have been shattered.
sw602.jpg

Is this a Rogue One reveal or new cannon for RotJ?

That's a hasbro 6" Black series figure. Since it was never shown what they looked like under the robe in Rotj, that design is based on the Crimson Empire EU series by Dark Horse comics.

b6512a6ac46460f5d23049503bf746f3.jpg

If you read closely it looks like we will be seeing the Royal Guard next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back