Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't save any duty, as ordering from the US you're only hit for HST (Ontario and some other provinces) or GST (rest of Canada). What it would save is brokerage fees from the likes of UPS/FedEx, depending on how the item is shipped - and he can just drive up and buy it directly from the store and pay zero shipping. ;)
**** never thought of that too. I live on Major Mack and Markham lol RH is like a drive down the road

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

**** never thought of that too. I live on Major Mack and Markham lol RH is like a drive down the road

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I came across that place online last year some time and forgot about it. Good for saving on shipping, but as Pixel pointed out, it won't save on HST.

Haven't actually dealt with them but last I read they were still a decent company.

keep in mind they (toy2) charge in US funds.

If anyone in the Toronto area wants these (or anything else from SS/HT) I can get it for you for less. shoot me a pm.

keep in mind they (toy2) charge in US funds.

If anyone in the Toronto area wants these (or anything else from SS/HT) I can get it for you for less. shoot me a pm.

heya. Not SS or HT but if yer out and about and see any Kikaider stuff, lemme know!

I've ordered the set from collectablesdirect

Yep. 10% deposit down and completely flexible payments

Same here. £280 delivered (and £5 back in reward points) seemed a good deal considering Sideshow's price with delivery works out the same before tax.

The Sideshow Exclusive would have cost $88 more...for a screen-inaccurate gun rack.

View attachment 142928

cm-33115-150b5674b02138.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl These made my day!

These guys are good at $180ea. I'm not gonna pay more to get them and the SS ex is beyond dumb. I do like the idea of the mouse droid and different height troopers though so maybe I'll try to get this from somewhere in asia instead of SS.

Has anyone seen this ********:

$235 for a stormtrooper set pre-order sounds like a good deal, but then check the small print... you have to pay another $200 when they get released!

And of course, the seller only has to pay the 10% Final Value Fee on the $235, rather than the $400 amount.

It's a shrewd business move. . . which is probably why you see people eBay'ing pre-order deposits. They just invoice you the full amount when it's due and only have to pay the 3% PayPal fee.

****, it's actually pretty smart, as long as you do good business and don't screw anyone over. . . I actually might do that myself.

And of course, the seller only has to pay the 10% Final Value Fee on the $235, rather than the $400 amount.

It's a shrewd business move. . . which is probably why you see people eBay'ing pre-order deposits. They just invoice you the full amount when it's due and only have to pay the 3% PayPal fee.

****, it's actually pretty smart, as long as you do good business and don't screw anyone over. . . I actually might do that myself.

It's against eBay policies to do that. And someone in another thread was already complaining that he was being screwed over by someone selling this way. Buying it this way, you're not covered by paypal if something goes wrong.

Don't forget the money they are saving on the fee EBay charges for SHIPPING the item. :lol

Don't forget the money they are saving on the fee EBay charges for SHIPPING the item. :lol

Yeah, I'm not a real big fan of eBay's "policies".

That **** is so one-sided, it's not even funny. Oooh, violating eBay's policies. . . we can't have that.

Every time I ship an item, I worry that the buyer is going to say I shipped him a broken item or try and pull some scam on me, cuz I know I have absolutely no protection as a seller. "Protected by PayPal", my foot.

Yep, it would be upsetting if the SSC exclusive was, say, the mouse droid. I haven't ordered from Toys2, yet, but have heard good things about them. Might save you duties if you order through those guys vs BBTS (no doubt save a bit on shipping, too). Just remember they have a 10% cancellation fee if you change your mind.

Toys2 is solid, I now buy locally but prior they were an affordable option for Canucks

Yeah, I'm not a real big fan of eBay's "policies".

That **** is so one-sided, it's not even funny. Oooh, violating eBay's policies. . . we can't have that.

Every time I ship an item, I worry that the buyer is going to say I shipped him a broken item or try and pull some scam on me, cuz I know I have absolutely no protection as a seller. "Protected by PayPal", my foot.

Been buying on EBay for 15 years but never sold anything for the same exact reason.

Back