Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my storm SSC 100 USD in 2009, Hot Toys storm costs 200 USD ... Find the error! The quality between the two is improved it 100%?

If the HT can stand up on its own then it'll make it at least 50% better imo. I'm happy with the $180 that this'll end up costing, if I decide to get it at all.

I'd agree with you, but HT Han Exclusive is still available, HT Robo, in its various iterations, and HT Mark 42 are still available. Sure, you may not get them at a steep discount down the road, but you'll at least save $20 with a coupon code.
That I agree with. A lot of people either wait to order or for a coupon and I can't blame them for that. Heavily discounted items like some of the stuff in this year's Spooktacular will be a rarity though I think.

I bought my storm SSC 100 USD in 2009, Hot Toys storm costs 200 USD ... Find the error! The quality between the two is improved it 100%?

My personal experience is that yes, Hot Toys figures are easily twice the overall quality of Sideshow figures and worth the higher price tag.

But, having said that, it's all subjective and everyone is free to purchase or not purchase what they want, based on their own determination of a figure's value proposition.

I personally ordered three of the damn things. (One set and one individual trooper.)

Why can't I get these to Canada like wtf?

Get them delivered to Niagara Falls instead and bring them across yourself if you need to. Then HST isn't guaranteed and you might come out further ahead than you thought possible. Or check the price at Toys2.net which is lower than Sideshow by a bit - they're in Richmond Hill.

Yeah, it's weird that they won't ship the exclusive to Canada, but really... who cares. That's the lamest HT SSC exclusive ever. Would add nothing to a display and maybe detract.

Get them delivered to Niagara Falls instead and bring them across yourself if you need to. Then HST isn't guaranteed and you might come out further ahead than you thought possible. Or check the price at Toys2.net which is lower than Sideshow by a bit - they're in Richmond Hill.

Never heard of them but thanks for the lookout bro :duff
And the exclusive is just the rack
Yeah, it's weird that they won't ship the exclusive to Canada, but really... who cares. That's the lamest HT SSC exclusive ever. Would add nothing to a display and maybe detract.
I guess you're right. I can still get the blaster and mouse droid if i ordered through BBTS but now I know the place Piper just recommended so might just do that.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

They have a single trooper for preorder too. $199.99

Aacckk...can't believe I missed that...thanks, WG...that's what I get for looking at the site all bleary-eyed after a double shift lol....

I'm going for the single...one's enough for now, til we see how these play out.

The NRD sucks, not 100% bought into this set yet so I'll put it off. A lot of time from now till August
I don't like the nonrefundable deposits either. I'll probably wait it out a bit until its coupon eligible before I order this set. I'm not too concerned about getting the exclusive weapons rack so if that sells out by then whatever.

I don't like the nonrefundable deposits either. I'll probably wait it out a bit until its coupon eligible before I order this set. I'm not too concerned about getting the exclusive weapons rack so if that sells out by then whatever.

Eh, if it goes to wait list early, can always jump on it now. Probably get s conversion being so far out till release

I guess you're right. I can still get the blaster and mouse droid if i ordered through BBTS but now I know the place Piper just recommended so might just do that.
Yep, it would be upsetting if the SSC exclusive was, say, the mouse droid. I haven't ordered from Toys2, yet, but have heard good things about them. Might save you duties if you order through those guys vs BBTS (no doubt save a bit on shipping, too). Just remember they have a 10% cancellation fee if you change your mind.

It won't save any duty, as ordering from the US you're only hit for HST (Ontario and some other provinces) or GST (rest of Canada). What it would save is brokerage fees from the likes of UPS/FedEx, depending on how the item is shipped - and he can just drive up and buy it directly from the store and pay zero shipping. ;)

Back