Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I sell my Sideshow Star Wars: Han and Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise Exclusive set? It's never been displayed and I worry the price will plummet when this Hot Toys version comes out. Any offers? I'm in the UK.

post-9726-Wayne-s-World-Gun-Rack-Scene-5Dj4.gif

I am from Canada and all of a sudden I can't order exclusive version of stormtrooper's set from Sideshow? Not available for this region:mad: Sideshow, Hot Toys, what is going on? Anyone know distributor in Canada who has the exclusive set on preorder?

There's a separate thread for this, but in case you miss it, here's Budget Stark's First Look at the Stormtroopers.

Also, according to BS, they were not designed to accommodate Luke and Han heads, absent modifications. We all know what that means.

I went ahead and ordered a single for now, I may cancel later on and order the two pack. Just not sure if I want to pay that much

Hate to say it, but in light of these Spook deals, first-day POs are for suckers.
Eh I don't necessarily agree. Some of the items are good deals but a lot of what's being discounted seems to be more slow moving items that Sideshow wants to get rid of and/or feel won't move without some sort of discount. That's my take anyways, I don't think we're going to start seeing this as a trend as nice as that would be.

My interests/wants are so specialized anyway, that coupons and points don't really do me that much good. Be nice if I could apply something every now and then, but when I have almost everything I want anyway, deals are less crucial.

Hate to say it, but in light of these Spook deals, first-day POs are for suckers.
Have any OT figures been discounted like that before? I'm new to the SSC game, but I notice that Vader is not even in stock during Spook, the Probe Droid sold out quickly after being in stock. I guess we'll know next year if they're trying to move the Hoth figures. But I don't think we'll see the Scout Troopers or R2 in the discount bin.

Have any OT figures been discounted like that before? I'm new to the SSC game, but I notice that Vader is not even in stock during Spook, the Probe Droid sold out quickly after being in stock. I guess we'll know next year if they're trying to move the Hoth figures. But I don't think we'll see the Scout Troopers or R2 in the discount bin.

They won't all be and maybe none will be, but the time between now and then means accumulating applicable discounts (they all become discount eligible) and reward points.

At these prices, you're paying for the privilege to be the first to own. $200 a pop for storm troopers is more than I expected. I might have to wait this out.

I bought my storm SSC 100 USD in 2009, Hot Toys storm costs 200 USD ... Find the error! The quality between the two is improved it 100%?

Someone said, in the past day or two, that these promo codes and discounts are essentially built into the price. If you wanna save a little green, wait a couple months after they go up for PO.

Eh I don't necessarily agree. Some of the items are good deals but a lot of what's being discounted seems to be more slow moving items that Sideshow wants to get rid of and/or feel won't move without some sort of discount. That's my take anyways, I don't think we're going to start seeing this as a trend as nice as that would be.

I'd agree with you, but HT Han Exclusive is still available, HT Robo, in its various iterations, and HT Mark 42 are still available. Sure, you may not get them at a steep discount down the road, but you'll at least save $20 with a coupon code.

Back