Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

I heard that SS isn't doing too well and that HT is helping business by allowing them to distribute. Without HT SS has no 1:6 market. I think they will slowly lose the SW license and rely on Marvel and DC. How's that Joe line doing?

SS seem to have been moving more toward the statue/bust/large-scale market. Maybe that's where the profit margins are.

I heard that SS isn't doing too well and that HT is helping business by allowing them to distribute. Without HT SS has no 1:6 market. I think they will slowly lose the SW license and rely on Marvel and DC. How's that Joe line doing?

Joe line was cancelled I thought?

Late to the party on this, but this will most definitely be used for Han and Luke as Stormies. While it would be nice if they change up the sculpts, I doubt they do to keep the price down. Like the mouse droid, but it's missing a set of binders isn't it?

God I cannot wait to have this set on order. If Hot Toys keeps announcing SW figures I'm going to have to quit collecting the Marvel stuff. Now heres hopping for a sandtrooper being close behind these guys.

I'm very happy I kept my trooper collecting to one each. If HT does all the troopers -- sand, snow, scout -- I guess I'll just have duos of all.

Sandtrooper's actually a good Con Exclusive for next year.

That would explain the two blacked-out boxes on the card.

Well that's where I was going. Those boxes are directly under the 'Exclusive Bonus' which is presumably for buying both Stormtroopers as a set rather than singly. Which is what they've done with Han and Chewie, and Rocket and Groot.

There's always the chance for a Sideshow Exclusive, and if the sculpts are going to be reused from other sets it wouldn't be such a surprise.

Kuat of Kuat said:
Maybe the Exclusive Sideshow bonus will be Luke and Han heads? (To make you buy them from Sideshow).

Well that's where I was going. Those boxes are directly under the 'Exclusive Bonus' which is presumably for buying both Stormtroopers as a set rather than singly. Which is what they've done with Han and Chewie, and Rocket and Groot.

There's always the chance for a Sideshow Exclusive, and if the sculpts are going to be reused from other sets it wouldn't be such a surprise.

I guess we'll find out, either way, soon enough.

I'm very happy I kept my trooper collecting to one each. If HT does all the troopers -- sand, snow, scout -- I guess I'll just have duos of all.

Sandtrooper's actually a good Con Exclusive for next year.
Only troopers I'd get from HT would be Storm and Sandtroopers, I think. I love SSC's Snowtroopers and the Scouts look excellent, as well.

In regards to the Sandtroopers, I don't know that they'd make them a con exclusive. Just guessing they could sell more as a regular release. I'd think con exclusives would be more EU style crap that has a limited appeal (Blackhole Stormtroopers and the like) but that they can charge a premium for (or like Matt S mentions below, Luke and Han in ST disguise -- a release like that seems perfect for an exclusive).

To me, it seems a given that HT could simply re-release the Stormie bodies with the Han and Luke heads. I could also see this being a con EX next year.....they've done the hardpart - head sculpts are the 'easy' part.

HT needs to offer 'we gonna be poor' discount

I guess we'll find out, either way, soon enough.

Having just had a look at the first photo in this thread I have a less promising theory.

The photo shows ten extra hands in front of the troopers. The card shows 14 hands, meaning it's showing everything that comes with the set. Therefore, those two black boxes should be showing the guns.

Having just had a look at the first photo in this thread I have a less promising theory.

The photo shows ten extra hands in front of the troopers. The card shows 14 hands, meaning it's showing everything that comes with the set. Therefore, those two black boxes should be showing the guns.

Well, that's no fun. :lol

Makes sense though, why would HT reveal Luke's headsculpt before Farmboy gets released?

How are our two "sources" doing so far? Did they say anything about Stormies being next?

My display will look better with two troopers that are the same size....

Ah well, they are only supposed to be clones....

Back