Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

Someone suggested just getting the head sculpts but we need to know if these are actual helmets that could fit over heads or are like the SS stormies.

I still say they are going to reveal the head sculpts of Han and Luke when they actually preview this set officially.

But it would be so like HT to offer this set, then months later offer a true Luke/Han with removable helmets.

That would explain the two blacked-out boxes on the card.

Well ****. I knew wandering into this forum was a mistake. How could I not buy this?

I still say they are going to reveal the head sculpts of Han and Luke when they actually preview this set officially.

Let's hope that their third stab at Harrison Ford is better than their first 2.

Alhtough we'll undoubtedly just get the Han sculpt from the Han figure. The one that looks nothing like Han Solo.

Goddamn....should have put my SSC one on ebay already

Awesome...........

images.jpg

Well ****. I knew wandering into this forum was a mistake. How could I not buy this?

I have a loose 'one character to represent the movie' rule. But the fewest characters I can arrive at to represent Star Wars is:

Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Han
Chewie
Luke
Leia
Old Ben
The droids
...and I kind of need Yoda, a Jawa and a Tusken Raider in there too.

Damn.

Ok, so I've read some posts and for anyone to say 'there are no improvements' over the SSC version is crazy.

If I were to point out just one correction it would be this:

COD PIECE

Do I really need to continue?

HT doing a two pack that's clearly luke and han height difference, but no sculpts? Crazy, but a Stormie two pack is awesome. $300 would be great

I feel sorry for my wallet and the suffering I will cause my bank account, but you only live once and those stormys look awesomepossum.

Ok, so I've read some posts and for anyone to say 'there are no improvements' over the SSC version is crazy.

If I were to point out just one correction it would be this:

COD PIECE

Do I really need to continue?

HT doing a two pack that's clearly luke and han height difference, but no sculpts? Crazy, but a Stormie two pack is awesome. $300 would be great

Yup the stormiest had big 'packages' :rotfl

Not so crazy when you watch the movies and see that troopers came in all sorts of different sizes. Smart move considering you can make two figures with two copies of the same armor and two different base bodies. This way they sell you two troopers instead of one, better ROI.

Not so crazy when you watch the movies and see that troopers came in all sorts of different sizes. Smart move considering you can make two figures with two copies of the same armor and two different base bodies. This way they sell you two troopers instead of one, better ROI.

Oh I agree, completely! I am beside myself with the amount of awesome this set will bring to my shelf

On Facebook someone officially said that they are just two different storm troopers that come in a two pack not Luke and Han

This ain't Luke and Han. If they were, it'd say it on those cards.

These are two Stormtroopers, a tall and a short one. I personally love the idea because it goes to show that these guys aren't clones.

Well they have to do something to make the different.... I love the idea. If this isn't Luke and Han, they will surely rehash it. I am absolutely getting the set.

I definitely want the stormtrooper on the right. The one on the left has a HUGE helmet and tiny feet! I mean look at the proportion of his shoulders to the helmet. FAIL.:rotfl

j14pzd.png

HT could release an expansion set (similar to the Stark workshop kit) to include Han/Luke headsculps, Chewie handcuffs, grappling hook, etc.

Could just be they're selling it as a two-pack (a la SS's Battle Droids) and need a point of difference between them.

A two-pack would be a great excuse for me to army-build!

I heard that SS isn't doing too well and that HT is helping business by allowing them to distribute. Without HT SS has no 1:6 market. I think they will slowly lose the SW license and rely on Marvel and DC. How's that Joe line doing?

Back