Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Stormtrooper.

It is nice to see the star wars section with lots of members posting.usually see the Marvel and DC ones brimming .lol

Let's not forget the Stormtrooper wearing the DLT-19 first:

00000refdcgf.jpg

My display will look better with two troopers that are the same size....

Ah well, they are only supposed to be clones....

Stormtroopers are NOT clones

sideshow is kill

Sounds HT hired the Russian mob.:lol

We need Jabba's henchmen, Which HT unlikely will do.

:goodpost::exactly::hi5:

See my Sig, Puay!

The height difference is really a highlight. The 'Exclusive bonus' thing implies there will be the option of a set or individual figures. And even without Han and Luke heads, with their helmets on this pair can be Han and Luke.

Sideshow Exclusive will probably be Chewie's handcuffs.

Is there any difference between the two other than height?

Is there any difference between the two other than height?

On these it doesn't appear so.

10712861_705646756170602_4463473295500288678_n.jpg

Seen from the front they can be Han and Luke.

...when it comes to Luke's armor there is another big difference from the rest. Sure they had to cut his armor shorter in the chest and the back to make up for his height, but the big difference was his belt. We all remember one of the most memorable scenes of Star Wars (yeah, I am dropping the whole New hope baloney, this is what it was called when I became a fan!) It was Luke and Leia's swing to freedom. Luke would never of been able to do that if the ONLY stormtrooper with a grappling hook didn't check up on the falcon.

hookbelt2.jpg

LukeBackPlate02.jpg

luke.jpg

WampaDude.com - My Wampa Blog: I'm Luke Skywalker.. I'm Here to rescue you!

Seems inevitable there will be some form of release with their heads and Luke's belt.

I definitely want the stormtrooper on the right. The one on the left has a HUGE helmet and tiny feet! I mean look at the proportion of his shoulders to the helmet. FAIL.:rotfl

j14pzd.png
It's a total win. They just made the same mistake of making the mouth area too long. It should be shorter and not droop down as much. Basically, the length of the area between the eyes and the frown should be the same or slightly longer than the length between the frown down to the vocodor area.

It's the angle of the photo on the short one that's making it look like that. It's 3/4s as opposed to the tall one which is almost straight on. I prefer the tall one as well but the shorty is just a weirdly distorted picture.

The helmet looks a bit like the SSC version with the long tubes and big front part under the frown. This is just a proto so I'll wait and see. But I really hope they won't use the SSC sculpt for their helmets. I also would have preferred a Stunt helmet, as those are my favorites...

The helmet looks a bit like the SSC version with the long tubes and big front part under the frown. This is just a proto so I'll wait and see. But I really hope they won't use the SSC sculpt for their helmets. I also would have preferred a Stunt helmet, as those are my favorites...

I agree, even though the hero-helmets are sprinkled through various scenes in the first movie the stunt is THE Stomtrooper for me.

It's the angle of the photo on the short one that's making it look like that. It's 3/4s as opposed to the tall one which is almost straight on. I prefer the tall one as well but the shorty is just a weirdly distorted picture.

Sorry, I was being facetious... people were complaining the trooper's helmet was too big, so I just pasted two photos of the exact same stormtrooper fig side-by-side to show how much lens distortion can alter things.

You constantly see those first in-hand pics where people have used their phone (and under bad lighting too) and they look badly distorted and people viewing the pics think the fig actually looks like that.

These two pics are a perfect example because the level of distortion in the left pic is so extreme.

Nope, I sincerely thought Vader was next. He is coming though :). I explained that the stormtroopers are a surprise that they are revealed... Not that they are making them. My source doesn't have info on HTs release schedule, just solid info on what is in the works.

they had reveled a Farmboy Luke sculpt? where was that posted? I never saw it :(

Damn, keeping the momentum going, way b to go HT. Not having any Stormies, I very much approve. :clap

Anyone think we'll see a reveal and specs within the next week or so?

That would be great!but... There's also a chance for Drax,Batman Returns,Appleseed,Helicarrier,Ripley,Rhino ,Gordon/Blake set and of course IM3 armors .With HT you never know!

Awesome, can't wait for these. This line is going to be huge.

When they get around to re-releasing these with Han and Luke heads, has HT ever had a figure that the helmet actually goes over the sculpted head?

Here's a clearer picture of the announcement picture.

10606297_833934206652275_4869863876590776933_n.jpg

Definitely getting some of these as long as they price them reasonably. Do the right thing HT and make them priced lower enough where multiples can be bought.

Back