Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stomach Buttons? How do you think he looks compared to a normal trooper? If you had to choose one which would you

Here's a comparison of the three figures (Luke Stormtrooper here, Jumptrooper stripped down, and Sandtrooper stripped down). Jumptrooper has no gloss finish whatsoever, really matte look to him.

DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Amazing how fat the Luke trooper looks in that lineup !

If anyone has an original single HT Stormtrooper I might be interested. PM me.

Yeah, I wish they would sell some floor tiles as well. I was actually considering making some of my own. Never tried it, but plenty of "how to" videos on YouTube how to make a resin mould. Doesn't look that difficult.

I guess I didn't realize how small the "grill" was in the HT stormie from ANH. The sandie looks way better. I'm wondering why there is such a difference. In the film they looked wider than the HT unless I'm missing something.

So confusing.... Thanks for the link.

Hero and Stunt props are seen in many movies. Hero props for close up shots, many times made out of real parts (guns, comms, etc.), and Stunt made out of resin, rubber, ABS etc. for distant shots, or where you don't need the real deal (a holstered pistol for example).

I highly recommend removing the weathering from the Sandtrooper helmet with isopropyl and using that as an ordinary stormtrooper helmet. Looks a lot meaner than the hero helmet.

I highly recommend removing the weathering from the Sandtrooper helmet with isopropyl and using that as an ordinary stormtrooper helmet. Looks a lot meaner than the hero helmet.

Sounds interesting, any pictures of the result?

That's an interesting idea. Although I'm not sure I could bring myself to clean up a perfectly good Sandtrooper. Almost sacrelig :)

This is my current setup trying to get the troopers in the back to be a bit more visible. Any ideas? I also wish I had the thinner lights and not the round IKEA ones.

2017-02-06%2023.22.44.jpg

Back