Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stormtroopers looks good with any figures.

IMG_0521.jpg

This is my current setup trying to get the troopers in the back to be a bit more visible. Any ideas? I also wish I had the thinner lights and not the round IKEA ones.

2017-02-06%2023.22.44.jpg

You could use some plastic risers to give them a bit of height. But I'd put just two troopers with Vader and the other two on their own shelf.

Here's my current setup. Might be tight in a detolf but should be doable. View attachment 323067

Looks really awesome! If it were me though, I'd swap the Spacetrooper base with Vader's just to keep the red grates uniform on both sides.

The name plates are removable, just FYI. I actually did the swap with the black grated base of the Black Hole Trooper with Vader and I think Vader looks great with a dark colored base.

Looks really awesome! If it were me though, I'd swap the Spacetrooper base with Vader's just to keep the red grates uniform on both sides.

The name plates are removable, just FYI. I actually did the swap with the black grated base of the Black Hole Trooper with Vader and I think Vader looks great with a dark colored base.

That's a really good idea, also need to switch Vaders saber arm but I'm feeling a little lazy lol. Vader on the Shadow trooper stand sounds great, share some pics when you can!

That's a really good idea, also need to switch Vaders saber arm but I'm feeling a little lazy lol. Vader on the Shadow trooper stand sounds great, share some pics when you can!

My collection is VERY crammed but here's Vader on Shadow Trooper base. Even though I own RO Vader, I have ANH Vader on display because I'm not a huge SW purist and to me, even the old SS Vader looks good enough. It's not like anyone comes over and says "the helmet looks wrong" or "why is he so clean".

Attachments

• IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 236
That looks awesome! The empire is present. What do you think of the Deathtroopers? I really like the deluxe, ordered the regular to get the helmet with rangefinder & long rifle.

My collection is VERY crammed but here's Vader on Shadow Trooper base. Even though I own RO Vader, I have ANH Vader on display because I'm not a huge SW purist and to me, even the old SS Vader looks good enough. It's not like anyone comes over and says "the helmet looks wrong" or "why is he so clean".

Or "your belt boxes are upside down" :rotfl

That looks awesome! The empire is present. What do you think of the Deathtroopers? I really like the deluxe, ordered the regular to get the helmet with rangefinder & long rifle.

Thx! Deathtroopers are cool for what they are, large figures that are almost as difficult to pose as the FO troopers. I get pretty much every Trooper variant but if I could only have one, I'd get the one with the rangefinder as well as it gives the helmet a better look In my opinion.

Or "your belt boxes are upside down" :rotfl

See, like I said, not a purist and I don't even care to correct them :rotfl

DSC_0645.jpg

I love these stormtroopers. If they were still affordable somewhere I'd buy some more. The RO versions just don't do it for me.

Also agree with you two 100%. In fact they're about the only thing I don't like about Rogue One. Not that it really is noticeable on screen (well to me at least) but the HT figures just look Disneyfied somehow. These originals (although for the purists also not 100% OK) are my favourites. Also wish I could get some more at lower prices.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up the 2-pack that was sitting at my local shop for quite awhile after release.

Now I have to wait until whenever Han Trooper is released to have 4 stormies.

Also agree with you two 100%. In fact they're about the only thing I don't like about Rogue One. Not that it really is noticeable on screen (well to me at least) but the HT figures just look Disneyfied somehow. These originals (although for the purists also not 100% OK) are my favourites. Also wish I could get some more at lower prices.

What are the 2 packs going for nowadays? I actually bought 4-2packs when they were at retail price for army building. Yup, 8 OT OG HT ST's :rotfl

I love these stormtroopers. If they were still affordable somewhere I'd buy some more. The RO versions just don't do it for me.

Same here. HT ANH Stormies might not be perfect, but I totally prefer their look compared to the girly tank top & flat headed RO ones. :p

While I'm not a big fan of the new TK armor, I kinda understand why they did some of the changes, considering the obvious flaws of the classic OT Stormie armors and helmets, and how would those look in today's high def cinematics. For me the OT Stormie remains the best, but for today's TV and cinema standards it would be obsolete. They could have made the changes a bit more subtle, but not sure if they cared enough like some of the fans.

While I'm not a big fan of the new TK armor, I kinda understand why they did some of the changes, considering the obvious flaws of the classic OT Stormie armors and helmets, and how would those look in today's high def cinematics. For me the OT Stormie remains the best, but for today's TV and cinema standards it would be obsolete. They could have made the changes a bit more subtle, but not sure if they cared enough like some of the fans.

I think we all understand that rationale but why the smooshed noses? I mean even in Rebels they look more like ANH HT ST.

Back