Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some issues of a smudge on the chest plate as well. And my knee fell of as well. The quality from sideshow lately is non existent. After waiting for this Gold trooper, def not happy. Also the ass plate and chest plate came off easily. The quality is just piss poor.

I have some issues of a smudge on the chest plate as well. And my knee fell of as well. The quality from sideshow lately is non existent. After waiting for this Gold trooper, def not happy. Also the ass plate and chest plate came off easily. The quality is just piss poor.

It's Hot Toys' poor quality and not Sideshow's, isn't it? Sideshow is just distributing these for Hot Toys--they don't have anything to do with the production or quality.

It's Hot Toys' poor quality and not Sideshow's, isn't it? Sideshow is just distributing these for Hot Toys--they don't have anything to do with the production or quality.

I usually rope both of them into the same group. I just feel like this shouldn't be receiving crap for paying this much. Sideshow has a deal with this toy manufacture and they don't have to pay these premium prices but we do, the customer. We shouldn't be receiving items poorly put together.

Just looked mine over. No smudge on chest plate or helmet and no pieces came unglued. paint definitely isn't perfect though

Mine has a massive paint defect and broken/unglued strap on the right shoulder armor. Not acceptable. Already requested an exchange. Horrible QC by HT/SS here.

Just looked mine over. No smudge on chest plate or helmet and no pieces came unglued. paint definitely isn't perfect though

I imagine you're keeping yours? What do you recommend that I do? Is mine worth returning to them?

Mine came with a scratch on the chestplate, annoyingly - I've put in a replacement request on Sideshow, what is the process usually like? Frustrating that there are imperfections!

I imagine you're keeping yours? What do you recommend that I do? Is mine worth returning to them?

Yeah I buy stuff to keep and open/display. Id ask Sideshow for a replacement. They sent me a replacement body for my 1/6 Indiana jones figure without hesitation. This is definitely different but I would imagine they would have many replacement parts on hand due to how delicate the body on the gold trooper is.

I wouldn't try fixing it yourself, you can end up damaging it because **** happens, you know? I'd just talk to SS and see what they say. They're pretty nice when it comes to defects and stuff.

Mine came with a scratch on the chestplate, annoyingly - I've put in a replacement request on Sideshow, what is the process usually like? Frustrating that there are imperfections!

All you need to do is go to their website and file a claim. They're usually quick to respond. I would not tolerate any scratches on this guy.

Seems like "summer exclusives" are more prone to imperfections/defects/breaks ect. I actually don't own any but just noticing it on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you need to do is go to their website and file a claim. They're usually quick to respond. I would not tolerate any scratches on this guy.

Yep, did that as soon as I saw it - how much hassle is there to it, usually? I'd rather not have to deal with going to the post office, is it likely they'll ask for it to be returned? I vaguely remember seeing that they'd ask for evidence that you had destroyed the damaged item, which seems a little crazy...

Yep, did that as soon as I saw it - how much hassle is there to it, usually? I'd rather not have to deal with going to the post office, is it likely they'll ask for it to be returned? I vaguely remember seeing that they'd ask for evidence that you had destroyed the damaged item, which seems a little crazy...

they'll just ask that you destroy it, not return it. I'd just take a hammer and smash the parts up then throw it away. Then send them a pic of that. I agree with the crazy part but it's their policy so not much you can do about it

3c38001ff3c702e5e3c517cc4f03cda7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

they'll just ask that you destroy it, not return it. I'd just take a hammer and smash the parts up then throw it away. Then send them a pic of that. I agree with the crazy part but it's their policy so not much you can do about it

This is the exact problem I ran into with my Sideshow Jango Fett. There was enough wrong with it that I wanted something for my troubles....but they only offered my $25 rebate or I could destroy the figure and show pics and I'd get either my money back or the same figure back. Problem is that I could have fixed the problems...90% of the figure was good. But I also found $25 wasn't enough since I'm an international buyer (shipping and customs alone is like $60) and I used my rewards points to get the figure.
After weeks of debating I was offered $35 rebate and took it. I just could not come to terms with busting up a decent enough figure. I thought it was such a waste and I was very upset with their policy but I can understand it somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back