Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just measured the HT Sandy bucket and it's exactly the same from those points. 47mm

Awesome! Great work, again. Question: Is it fair to ask if the HT buckets are too large? Maybe there's a happy medium. I've put this bucket on top of a few other figures and it looks really good....i'm just really curious about how much larger we need to go.

How about if I measure the shoulder straps on the HT Stormtrooper and then scale this picture down to the same size? Then measure the dimensions of the helmet in the picture. That should give us a pretty accurate measurement. Thoughts?
stormtrooper-star-wars-1280bjpg-b34691_1280w.jpg

Awesome! Great work, again. Question: Is it fair to ask if the HT buckets are too large? Maybe there's a happy medium. I've put this bucket on top of a few other figures and it looks really good....i'm just really curious about how much larger we need to go.

I always thought the HT buckets have been a bit on the larger size for accuracy, but I also think that the 3D scan is a little small, at least for the HT Stormtrooper. It maybe spot on for the Medicom RAH I haven't checked.

Well, we'd have both sizes now, so we can cast variations. I'm just wondering if measuring ear distance will give us the proper size because the HY has round cheek tubes which might make it appear too large? Maybe it'll come out just right?

So many angles gobs different looks and size appearance. Let's just go with 47mm for now and see how it comes out?

Yep I think you're right. The HT tubes definitely seem oversized compared to the top section of the helmet. So I would say that where we have taken the measurement from is a good place. Hopefully the 3D scan should be perfect!. Are the guys at Shapeways happy to enlarge the helmet for you? If so let me know and I'll paypal you some $ so that you're not paying it all out of you're own pocket.

I contacted the creator of the image, I think Shapeways is just the storefront and the printers. The guy seems cool so far, but I'm sure I'm confusing him with too many details, lol.

No need to send money yet, I'm trying for a better material and also haven't heard how much he's charging for this. I'll keep you posted, you've been a huge player and help in this.

I contacted the creator of the image, I think Shapeways is just the storefront and the printers. The guy seems cool so far, but I'm sure I'm confusing him with too many details, lol.

No need to send money yet, I'm trying for a better material and also haven't heard how much he's charging for this. I'll keep you posted, you've been a huge player and help in this.

O.k cool, Keep me in the loop:wink1:

^Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I actually bought one a while ago, but have had ZERO time to work on it.

Did you buy the "white strong and polished" version? I'm really interested to see what a size difference looks like.

He's now saying we have to increase the image by percentage. So like from 100% to 105%, or something like that. That's difficult. I'm doing research on that now. I'm thinking it only needs to be increased by maybe 3-5% at most. It's pretty good at the scale it is now, IMHO...a tad larger would be closer to HT, but i'm not sure HT's are the correct scale either.

I think you're absolutely right to ask that question. I think the HT buckets are oversized, every time I've walked past mine today - and after seeing your custom head - it has really stood out as being too big. You should definitely go for something in-between.

I think you're absolutely right to ask that question. I think the HT buckets are oversized, every time I've walked past mine today - and after seeing your custom head - it has really stood out as being too big. You should definitely go for something in-between.

Yeah, I think so too. They work, but I think there is a happy medium.. Here is the size increase on the 3D Print at 103%:

100%
x: 51.5 mm
y: 51.6 mm
z: 51.36 mm

103%
x: 51:689 mm
y: 51:689 mm
z: 51:562 mm

I don't know how to translate this into a properly sized increase.

I always thought the HT buckets have been a bit on the larger size for accuracy, but I also think that the 3D scan is a little small, at least for the HT Stormtrooper. It maybe spot on for the Medicom RAH I haven't checked.

The HT bucket is oversized around the lower anterior portion; otherwise the overall size looks fine to me, it's just that the proportions are off.

Back