Hot Toys Star Wars, Missed Out, Now What?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could get it for roughly $500, I'd go for it.

$800. Absolutely not.

I'm making one piecemeal instead. Knock off parts for the body and a head sculpt from China. It should only cost me about $250 to put one together that way. Something I'm much more comfortable with. I know many collectors wouldn't be down for something like that, I just want to display it on my shelf. I Never care about future value.

I'm making one piecemeal instead. Knock off parts for the body and a head sculpt from China. It should only cost me about $250 to put one together that way. Something I'm much more comfortable with. I know many collectors wouldn't be down for something like that, I just want to display it on my shelf. I Never care about future value.

Are there any decent custom head sculpts of Luke?

Are there any decent custom head sculpts of Luke?

I've seen the Bespin Head on Ebay for $80+ depending on the seller. A TM22 knockoff will cost around $30. I picked up the clothes for $60. Boots will run $40. Hardest part to find will probably be the belt. But like I said, it's doable to put one of these together for a lower price if you're willing to use knockoffs for the body.

It would probably requiring some cutting down, but you could go for the Hoth Luke belt too. If you pick up a cheap full figure there you could always sell off a bunch of the parts and make all your money back--help fund your Bespin project.

It would probably requiring some cutting down, but you could go for the Hoth Luke belt too. If you pick up a cheap full figure there you could always sell off a bunch of the parts and make all your money back--help fund your Bespin project.

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but I just ordered a Han off of mandrake for 240. The box is damaged but that's it. It's off of mandarake so it's possible they'll sell it in the store front before they pull it. But I have my fingers crossed.

Yeah, you could go that route also.

DX07 Bespin Luke parts aren't cheap though either. Like you mentioned, the sculpts run roughly around $100 and the only belt that I've ever seen listed was being sold for $90. So just for the sculpt and belt alone, that's almost the price of a figure.

However, as another alternative, it's pretty much a safe bet that HT is going to do an ESB line and included in that line will likely be a Dagobah/Bespin Luke. Being that it won't be a DX package, it won't have the two separate figures and all the accessories and display options that come with it, but it will probably still include a good amount of accessories.

Thought I'd missed out on the sandtrooper but my etailer just got another shipment, so I just scored one :).

Awesome! I just got my Sandie in today that I ordered. Great figure.

I missed out on ANH Han and Chewie. Have to play the waiting game now to see what happens with prices. I'll for sure pick them up at some point, just have to wait for the right time.

I've seen the Bespin Head on Ebay for $80+ depending on the seller. A TM22 knockoff will cost around $30. I picked up the clothes for $60. Boots will run $40. Hardest part to find will probably be the belt. But like I said, it's doable to put one of these together for a lower price if you're willing to use knockoffs for the body.

I put one together for about $150, but that was with parts (belt, weapons, boots) from a Sideshow Bespin Luke that I already owned. The sideshow parts still look really good. The cheapest knock off Hot Toys slim I found was about $40. Please let me know if you find any cheaper as I am on the look out for them. Keep in mind that many of the cheap KO slims on ebay are actually KO narrow shoulder bodies which would be a little too wide for luke. I personally prefer the Hoth Luke head over the HT one and that one goes for $55 on TA. Here is how mine turned out:

Awesome! I just got my Sandie in today that I ordered. Great figure.

I missed out on ANH Han and Chewie. Have to play the waiting game now to see what happens with prices. I'll for sure pick them up at some point, just have to wait for the right time

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1038233481&ref=list

That's about $250 for Han before shipping. Its a great deal. They will ship to many countries too. Mandarake is a reputable company as well. Went to them many times when I lived in Japan.

Can't find a Hoth or Bespin belt. So I did something stupid and ordered a Hasbro belt as a place holder. $10 Won't kill me and it's better than leaving him beltless for the time being.

Nice. Do they charge a lot for shipping?

Depends on how fast you want it. I went with EMS which is insured and generally only takes 5 days or less. My shipping was about $35. You can get the cheaper DHL shipping for probably around $20

Found another one just now, little cheaper, but a damaged box
まんだらけ通販 | HOTTOYS MOVIE MASTERPIECE MMS261 STAR WARS HAN SOLO

This would come to about $260 shipped(I live in America, if you're somewhere else your mileage may vary). Not bad, on;y 40 over retail.

Kenobi and single pack Han and Chewie appear to be available for pre-order again at some UK and other European stores.
One store even appears to have pre-order Sandies coming in December 2016!

Back