Hot Toys Star Wars, Missed Out, Now What?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I gave in and placed a "pre-order" on SSC. Isn't he already released? How long will it take for them to fill my order?

Here in Sweden I just found a store offering August 2016 as delivery of a new SCC Vader....images have Disney logo so I'm guessing it's the new one coming....

EDIT - Ah, no. My guess is its the re-release Sideshow Vader (no light up base, superficial changes)

Posting in my thread here since it's relevant in addition to the Obi-Wan thread.

I found a few Obis in the New England area. RI/MA. If anyone missed out like I did and is in that area, I'd be happy to share the intelligence to get you one in exchange for buying me one and shipping it to me in MI. I'd pay for mine of course and the shipping cost. Message me here.

I'd say keep your chin up and always be on the lookout for figures you missed. I recently found a Chewbacca on the Japanese website surugaya for $320. It's still over market, but only by $70. Look in other countries etc. There are deals to be found.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Han Solo ANH on eBay for $350. I figured it was a decent price considering most are going for around $400.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Han Solo ANH on eBay for $350. I figured it was a decent price considering most are going for around $400.

I had to do the same thing with Obi Wan. I was waiting to unload some other things first before getting him since I thought he'd be one to hang around longer than some others, but boy was I wrong. I've had to overpay on a couple HT ANH pieces now as I'm trying to quickly unload other things to try and keep up....it's a losing battle so far, but getting a little more caught up so hoping for the best going forward!

Well, I don't have too many wants as I'm trying to be conservative on the size of my collection. I still need a Vader(can't decide on which), Kylo Ren and Boba Fett(ROTJ) as my main interests now.

Well, some time spent paid off. I put a couple of hours in calling comic shops. I started in my area, expanded around the state, and then branching through MI, OH, IN, IL, WI, MA, RI, NH, and others. Found some stores that still had Obi-Wans but wouldn't ship them. Found a store that had OT Stormtroopers and wasn't sure if they would ship them. Almost gave up, then decided to call more today.

Found a shop that had OT Stormtroopers (single and 2-pack), Han/Chewbacca set, and Obi-Wan. I snagged the single ST, H/C, and Ben for $1,150 out the door shipped to me. Equivalent of paying $256 for the ST, $611 for H/C, and $281 for Ben. Still over original retail, but not the massive prices as seen now on eBay. Everything is sealed, brand new from a reliable US retailer.

Feeling glad to keep calling after being ready to give up.

I have. ben han chewie stormtrooper two pack space trooper darth vader. working on getting farm boy luke. maybe storm trooper luke some time down the road

I didn't realize that Han was sold out. Just checked eBay and was shocked to see the current prices! I'm glad I got mine long before the sellout...

Some of the sellouts really crept up. I noticed Obi-Wan was sold out in all the local retailers I look at in Australia back in late December, so I quickly put him on flexpay at Sideshow and made a note in that thread about it not lasting too much longer. I picked up Stormie Luke, Han/Chewie 2 pack and Vader just days before they became hard to find for a decent price here. Farmboy Luke was really the only one I pre ordered back when it first went up at SSC, so I never had a problem with trying to find that one.

Now it's onto TFA. Kylo Ren already pre ordered, just got to get around to a couple of others now.

I think you guys meant to post that in the "Hot Toys Star Wars, Didn't Miss Out, That Would've Sucked" thread.

Yup, every single one of these bar the stormtrooper was a disaster right up until people had them in their hands. Then all of a sudden they magically transformed into awesome figures. Gotta love the force.

Word!

Not content to miss out on anything else, I bought/preordered Vader, Luke, Leia, Boba, and Sandtrooper tonight. Now to decide about TFA.

Question for those with more experience, do HT pre-orders ever sell out via SS? Looking at Rey, Finn, and Phasma. I'm inclined to not preorder yet and instead wait for coupon codes to pop up. Are coupons good for pre-orders though or only in-stock items? Is there any risk to waiting to pre-order anything HT or SS other than maybe missing Exclusive editions if they exist?

I didn't realize that Han was sold out. Just checked eBay and was shocked to see the current prices! I'm glad I got mine long before the sellout...

I wish I could say the same.

My LCS had the Han and Chewie set in December at retail. I'm really regretting not snaring it when I had the chance.

Hi, I just joined this forum, because I was looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi for almost 1 month after re-watched the original movie.
PLEASE don't miss the Pre-order, it just gone like wind.

Back