HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sideshow or Hot Toys for SW 12 inch?

If HT started making SW, then I would be out. It would simply cost too much for me. I certainly would not get any repeats except Han since I'm pretty happy with what I have from Sideshow. I'm already very selective in what figures I buy since Sideshow has been increasing their prices. With HT I would probably have to skip on most of their releases, no matter how good.

I'd like to see more collaboration between Sideshow and Hot Toys on the license, that's for sure. Particularly on the paint app end.

A Hot Toys "Chewie", R2 and 3PO would be my top picks.

But I wouldn't be getting all of their releases. Sideshow has released some fantastic figures already that would not need replacement.

I've only recently bought HT figures & got to say Ht all the way for sure a HT Vader :panic:
HT vader Already exists. i have one

Do you have a sideshow ANH vader? then so do you.

Sideshow ANH Vader, and stormtroopers are collaborative projects with HT. Look at the bottom of the box.

It's as close as you''re going to get To HT doing SW any time in the next 100 Years, I'm sure.

Sideshow or Hot Toys???

Bah...

Hasbro FTW!!!

51lq0ucJE-L.jpg

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
I applaud those who pick HT! It would be a total win! 9 figures from all six films and The Clone Wars with 6 of the 9 being Han and Luke variants!:rock:rock:rock

Lack of diversity and irrelevant duplicates FTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuckoo: Get real. This is a perfect license for Sideshow. Though we're not getting the A-listers when we want them, we're still getting them as well as a deeper selection. HT would fail harder at SW than they did with the DX-02.

Well Hot Toys have proven today they don't care about pssing on other companies parades so maybe Star Wars is next...

Well Hot Toys have proven today they don't care about pssing on other companies parades so maybe Star Wars is next...

:lol:rotfl:lol Bruce Lee =/= Star Wars. I highly doubt HT would piss on their U.S. distributor whose borrowed licenses are currently making them a fortune. And I'm all for HT's Bruce. It'll spank the hell out of Enterbay's ridiculously priced GOD on every level and be easier on the wallet. We already saw this with the Godfather.

Aye true, i can't see Hot Toys ever getting Sideshow's licence anyway because the Sideshow licence is a deal with Hasbro is it not? If Hot Toys really want to make Star Wars figures they'd be better off going after Medicom's licence.

Aye true, i can't see Hot Toys ever getting Sideshow's licence anyway because the Sideshow licence is a deal with Hasbro is it not? If Hot Toys really want to make Star Wars figures they'd be better off going after Medicom's licence.

Which wouldn't be all that hard since they would be CHEAPER and sell more at a reasonable price then when Medi has their fire sales on leftover stock.

Depending on any renewal clause in the contract...Hot Toys could absolutely take the license when it expires. All they have to do is out bid Sideshow and I am willing to bet that Hot Toys can afford more than Sideshow can.

That being said, as has been pointed out already, Hot Toys is already working on the brand and I do not really see some huge advantage from one company or the other.

Further, as far as sculpted likenesses, it seems to me that customizers have show over and over ad nauseum that it is the paint app and not the sculpts that is Sideshow's issue.

But in the end...I would not want to start over with Hot Toys...and anyone who thinks they would just go on with characters not made by Sideshow are fooling themselves...so I would prefer that the license stay with Sideshow. Hot Toys fans are getting their wish for Hot Toys to be making the figures and the continuity is maintained by keeping the brand with Sideshow.

I am fairly certain that I will hang up my collecting spurs when the line changes to a new company...no matter who it is. And not because I don't think anyone else can do a good or better job, but simply, as I stated, because I would not want to go back and re-buy a bunch of the figures.

Meh HT getting the SW licence is the last thing my wallet (or masculinity) needs :lol Though since SS doesn't seem to like to make many EU characters in 1/6, I wouldn't mind seeing HT tackle some EU characters.

I'm happy to see that Sideshow has stepped it up recently with upgrades to the Pro body and moving into challenging figures like IG-88 and Hammerhead.

They still have a ways to go, but I'm seeing a lot of improvement and continue to support the line.

Considering HT's just announced a DX Bruce Lee fig I would not trust them one bit with a Star Wars line. Not one bit.

Considering HT's just announced a DX Bruce Lee fig I would not trust them one bit with a Star Wars line. Not one bit.

I wouldn't worry. Again, Sideshow is loaning them the Terminator license and they're making out like gangbusters. Lee's no different than Godfather. They're just putting it to Enterbay.

HT will make SW figures. And i'm waiting for that day. They've already stated it's one of their most wanted to do licenses.

Someday.

And anyone that says they'd only make a few figs needs a head check.

Iron man? Batman? And they're no $tar War$

HT will make SW figures. And i'm waiting for that day. They've already stated it's one of their most wanted to do licenses.

Someday.

And anyone that says they'd only make a few figs needs a head check.

Iron man? Batman? And they're no $tar War$

Variants do not count. So let's look at original character releases:

Iron Man: No Obadiah? Rhodes (naked TT doesn't count)? Pepper Potts? Iron Monger?
Stark I'll give you since the head came with IM and they released a Stark Suit.

Batman: No Gordon? Alfred? Fox? Ras (or any of his ninjas)? Scarecrow? Bruce Wayne?

:lol Yeah, thought so. Might help to know what you're talking about first. Like I said, they'll make 9 figures from all 6 films and 6 of those will be Han and Luke variants.

Last edited:

Hot Toys has much more important things to do, like other licenses. The last thing we need is yet ANOTHER company pouring all its resources in the retarded monster that is the SW license. It devastated Sideshow's product lineup ever since, and no doubt the same would happen with Hot Toys, because the crazy SW collector will buy anything, of anyone.

Sideshow does shows some improvement over the years such as the new pro body. Clothing (from tailoring to materials used) from sideshow is usually good, so does the head sculpt.

However, to step up their game, they need to improve on paint job, which to me is the no. 1 killer of their great sculpt, and also to get new materials for the boots or shoes. The ankle articulation of the pro body will go to waste due to the still footwear their figure has.

If they can overcome that, the questions of which companies for SW will not be critical anymore.

Id also like to point out that star wars has an american market liscense, and an asian market liscense. So for ht to get sw, medicom would have to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back