HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wouldn't Lucas want Hot Toys to have the license, rather than Medicom?

:slap .

Yeah because everyone knows that Lucas wants the best for his films. :rotfl

Has medicom even announced or released anything since the droids?

:horse I'm sorry Justin but come on dude...it ain't gonna happen. It would be interesting but I'd prefer SSC to have the license. Cheaper figures, yes they need to kick it up a notch in the paint department but other than that they have been kicking ass.

I actually have to agree that Hot Toys would make better use of the license than Medicom. I actually have most of the Medicom releases and do like the figures, but I can't ignore the fact that they have really squandered the opportunity to make the most out of the most popular 1/6th scale collectible license out there. Their releases are few and they have questionable character choices. And that isn't even getting into their biggest problem of not upping the ante with the quaility of their figures as the other companies have. Of course my irritation at Medicom could be influenced by the fact that I am still bitter that they didn't bother to sculpt a new helmet for their ROTS Vader figure.

If Hot Toys announced the release of a SW line i'd punch my tower just out of pure excitement (well maybe not) but it would prob be the most famous announcement in the history of Hot Toys. People would defo sell their sideshow old figs to replace them with the newly sculpted figs, well people who dont like sideshows crappy paint apps and clothing that is. But yeah, it would be awesome...wallets would get raped...though it wouldnt stop fans from STILL buying them. The question to ask is would people double dip ??? Hmmm ?
--

That's really . . . really . . . uncomfortable . . . just reading it.

:lol

Do u seriously think Lucas cares about which company gets the license?

And I dont think Medicom holds the Star Wars license directly, all their star wars release have the Takara Tomy logo there. It may be a case similar to how HT uses SS to produce the Terminator stuff.

*waits for someone to chime in with the "HT will only release 5 figs and be done with the line" argument*

All I know is that I won't touch Medicom RAH figures with a 10 foot pole in most instances and I've only got 3 Sideshow Star Wars figures currently, but can see myself buying even obscure HT Star Wars figures. I'm not a monster Star Wars fan like others here, but it would be hard to pass up something the quality of what Hot Toys pumps out.

Last edited:

They don't have it so its not something I think about. If they did I'd look at getting a few probably. Till then who cares.

He was quoted to have called ESB the worst film right?

He's such a ******.

who is more the ******: the ****** or the ****** who posts on a toy thread calling the creator of the most influential saga of our lifetime a ******?

It would be interesting but I'd prefer SSC to have the license. Cheaper figures, yes they need to kick it up a notch in the paint department but other than that they have been kicking ass.

This is about Medicom and Hot Toys. Not Sideshow and Hot Toys.

Yeah, I just want to emphasize here, I didn't say anything about Sideshow giving their license to Hot Toys. But it would be nice if there was some healthy competition in the 1/6 SW market. We know Lucas wouldn't let the two companies directly compete with each other by releasing the same character at the exact same time. But on a broad spectrum of releases, Sideshow would realize they would have to up their game if they want to keep up with sales and hire more talented artists like Trevor Grove and Tim Miller. For starters, Sideshow desperately needs a new artist that can tailor 1/6 clothing and someone to make a completely redesigned base body.

hot toys would only do about 3-4 figures anyway. if it happened, i'd probably get them but i'll just keep buying the figs i want from SS in the meantime.

when has HT ever done a line that had more than 5 figures? seriously. everyone thinks they will get the line and run with it, but they won't.

Yup their most wanted to do line and they'd only do a few. Yup uh huh, SURE!!!!

read my entire post next time.

when has HT ever done a line that had more than 5 figures? seriously. everyone thinks they will get the line and run with it, but they won't.
:lecture:lecture:lecture

BTW isn't time to sell your luke or gandalf and then buy them back 2 weeks later and then sell them again?

Someone get butthurt?

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Will HT do more than 5? Well, of course they will. Would they go really indepth with it? I don't know. I mean outside of the Aliens, Predators, and Iron Man. Though, they didn't even do the main bad guy from Iron Man 1.

Thing is though Medicom hasn't gone that indepth with the license either. So Hot Toys would probably be doing stuff similar.

Failed use of telling someone they are butthurt.

15 yard pentaly, repeat 2nd down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back