HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will Hot Toys ever get the SW license?

When Boba is released has absolutely no bearing on when we'll see Jango. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Boba was released with Jango held off for a year, or two, or more. Though, I thought the way it was worded in the Q&A was that we'd see Jango first.

Yeah, just like we haven't gotten any new clones since they released the first clone trooper. :cuckoo:

My prediction is that Jango will be released within 6 - 8 months of Boba.

Yeah, just like we haven't gotten any new clones since they released the first clone trooper. :cuckoo:

My prediction is that Jango will be released within 6 - 8 months of Boba.

Because Sideshow rushed out all the Vaders right after ANH's version was released, right? Same with Luke? And Han? And Leia? Hey don't forget about Skiff Guard Lando, they released him right after Bespin too! :cuckoo:

Your logic is completely flawed and you're assuming you know a company better than those who've been collecting since the beginning. Moreso, you take the same approach to Hot Toys as well. Do a little research. You might learn something.

Because Sideshow rushed out all the Vaders right after ANH's version was released, right? Same with Luke? And Han? And Leia? Hey don't forget about Skiff Guard Lando, they released him right after Bespin too! :cuckoo:

Your logic is completely flawed and you're assuming you know a company better than those who've been collecting since the beginning. Moreso, you take the same approach to Hot Toys as well. Do a little research. You might learn something.

Well, Skiff guard Lando would be an entirely different case, since the costume is much more intricate, it's not just a new shirt and pants. Jango on the other hand is essentially just a repaint of Boba. We have had 5 Luke's, and I bet an X-Wing Luke is on the way for 2011. We have had 3 Han Solo's, 2 Leia's, 4 Obi-Wans (if you include PT and CW) and 2 Anakins (3 if you count the Exclusive Darth Vader Anakin) and 3 Palpatines. So yes, they have released quite a few Primary Characters, or have you forgotten? What's left for Han? Maybe Endor Han, but that really just a new head and trench coat. Leia has alot of possibilities available, and they really need to redeem themselves after her awful head sculpt. Luke? X-wing pilot, but anything else is a redo.

I am new to Hot Toys, not to Sideshow. I have been collecting Sideshow since the beginning of the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings lines. Might not be as long as you, but long enough to see the patterns.

Ooops, sorry, forgot Hoth Han and Hoth Luke, but still, I think you get my point. they have not exactly been holding back on main characters.

I think the differences on a New Darth Vader would be too subtle for the average collector, except of course for a Vader with Reveal feature.

EDIT ~OOOPS, wrong on Palpatine release date..

Last edited:

You forgot the Fetts

Well, Skiff guard Lando would be an entirely different case, since the costume is much more intricate, it's not just a new shirt and pants. Jango on the other hand is essentially just a repaint of Boba. We have had 5 Luke's, and I bet an X-Wing Luke is on the way for 2011. We have had 3 Han Solo's, 2 Leia's, 4 Obi-Wans (if you include PT and CW) and 2 Anakins (3 if you count the Exclusive Darth Vader Anakin) and 3 Palpatines. So yes, they have released quite a few Primary Characters, or have you forgotten? What's left for Han? Maybe Endor Han, but that really just a new head and trench coat. Leia has alot of possibilities available, and they really need to redeem themselves after her awful head sculpt. Luke? X-wing pilot, but anything else is a redo.

I am new to Hot Toys, not to Sideshow. I have been collecting Sideshow since the beginning of the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings lines. Might not be as long as you, but long enough to see the patterns.

Ooops, sorry, forgot Hoth Han and Hoth Luke, but still, I think you get my point. they have not exactly been holding back on main characters.

I think the differences on a New Darth Vader would be too subtle for the average collector, except of course for a Vader with Reveal feature.

EDIT ~ By the way, all 3 Palpatines were released over a period of less than 12 months.

now I KNOW you're BSing.

The palpatine 2 pack was released while my Fiancee was in south Korea. she's been back in the usa almost 2 years now, and WE only got ROTJ palpatine last month.

some dates for you

ROTJ palpatin's gallery posted 12/13/09
Palpatine 2-pack's gallery posted 1/31/08 ALLMOST 2 years earlier

Lukes
ROTJ luke 03/27/06
Yavin Luke 04/09/07
ESB luke 11/20/07
ANH luke 07/02/08
Trooper Luke 05/14/09

For the recotrd, I've gone with the gallery dates, as these will be close to either the origianal pre-order date, or the release date of the figure

Last edited:

[/B][/I][/U]

now I KNOW you're BSing.

The palpatine 2 pack was released while my Fiancee was in south Korea. she's been back in the usa almost 2 years now, and WE only got ROTJ palpatine last month.

some dates for you

ROTJ palpatin's gallery posted 12/13/09
Palpatine 2-pack's gallery posted 1/31/08 ALLMOST 2 years earlier

Lukes
ROTJ luke 03/27/06
Yavin Luke 04/09/07
ESB luke 04/20/07
ANH luke 07/02/08
Trooper Luke 05/14/09

For the recotrd, I've gone with the gallery dates, as these will be close to either the origianal pre-order date, or the release date of the figure

If I am wrong on the Palpatine dates, than I apologize, it sure seemed like a much shorter time to me. I'll take you at your word.

Are you sure the Dates for Yavin Luke and ESB Luke are right? Only 11 days difference?

My point with Jango and Boba (I feel) is still relevant. Look at all the Sandtroopers and Clones released over a relatively short period.

EDIT ~ 1/31/2008 was the ship date for the Palpatine double figure set, so you are right. Man, has it been that long?! Guess the last 2 years have been a little hectic for me, to have gone by in such a blur. Might have a little to do with me becoming a new dad around that time. ;)

Last edited:

typo on luke, should have been 11/20 /07 for esb. it's fixed now.

I can see where you are going with your comment on the fetts. But i really think sideshow would wait a year, atleast between fetts, to give time for fan feedback, so that if there were any issues with jango ( who they said they would do first) it could be fixed on boba.

typo on luke, should have been 11/20 /07 for esb. it's fixed now.

I can see where you are going with your comment on the fetts. But i really think sideshow would wait a year, atleast between fetts, to give time for fan feedback, so that if there were any issues with jango ( who they said they would do first) it could be fixed on boba.

That is not something I thought of, and you very well may have a point. I am big enough to concede that. :)

Good discussion by the way. Always appreciate when people who disagree can talk and not flame eachother. :)

never saw the need, nor purpose behind flaming. it simply makes you seem like angry first-graders :D

Wouldn't Lucas want Hot Toys to have the license, rather than Medicom?

I assume...actually, I know for George, it's all about the Benjamins, right? Well if only one company in asia can have the license at a time, wouldn't it make more financial sense if Hot Toys had access to it? Lucas gets a share from the profit of every item sold, in addition to the upfront licensing costs, correct?

How many SW figs has Medicom released? I went to the Medicom website to count them and found their site to be an incomprehensible mess of icons. I miss their old design when I visited it years back.

Regardless, I am confident that Hot Toys could match and well exceed the total releases and number of figures per production run compared to what Medicom has accomplished thus far. What do you guys think?

Re: Wouldn't Lucas want Hot Toys to have the license, rather than Medicom?

HT doesnt have the license, so it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks.

If Hot Toys announced the release of a SW line i'd punch my tower just out of pure excitement (well maybe not) but it would prob be the most famous announcement in the history of Hot Toys. People would defo sell their sideshow old figs to replace them with the newly sculpted figs, well people who dont like sideshows crappy paint apps and clothing that is. But yeah, it would be awesome...wallets would get raped...though it wouldnt stop fans from STILL buying them. The question to ask is would people double dip ??? Hmmm ?

Same _____ Different day

In answer to the title
Probably but I guess it's all signed up so it won't be happening at the mo
And ____ yeah I'll love hot toys quality etc etc etc

More importantly, who cares what Lucas thinks.

(but yes HT SW line = epic)

If Hot Toys announced the release of a SW line i'd punch my tower just out of pure excitement (well maybe not) but it would prob be the most famous announcement in the history of Hot Toys. People would defo sell their sideshow old figs to replace them with the newly sculpted figs, well people who dont like sideshows crappy paint apps and clothing that is. But yeah, it would be awesome...wallets would get raped...though it wouldnt stop fans from STILL buying them. The question to ask is would people double dip ??? Hmmm ?

Yeah, too many "defo"s and assumptions in there. I collect SW figs - just about all of them realeased from both Medi and SST and I consider myself to have a large budget alloted to this hobby. Replacing the SW line from SST to HT for me would be a no go due to monetary reasons - HT figs are going for $160 now... its just too much to justify for switching over to an entire line. Yeah, I got most of the preds, Dutch, Logan, Leonidas, the entire terminator line... and I also have my budget gone for the year at this point because of that. Replacing the SW line would run you like $5 K when all was said and done if HT made every fig that SST has done. Besides HT only do a few figs from every line usually - the big hitters. I'd rather them work on the MMPs and let SST get better and better, which IMO they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back