HOT TOYS STAR WARS licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PosterBoyKelly said:
There's no such thing as "going too far" when it comes to marketing and making money until you've killed some people. That's a little overboard. A little. Anyway, these aren't thatmuch more "weird" or "outrageous" than VCD's, Kubricks and all the other off-beat stuff we mentioned before. Besides, it's not like Lucas thought of this, HotToys did.

Yeah man, preach on my fellow oddball SW collector! I really don't think GL has much input over the licensees, I think that is probably more of Howard Roffman or Jim Ward's forte'. Besides these look like quality product. Bend-Em's anyone?

Yup, I have a set of SW carded and box set of SW Bend-Ems purchased in 1993 and 1994...they all went "sticky" now...shouldn't keep those collectibles in South East Asia...

Now here is a higher resolution flyer of the Chubby series -

SWchubbyDV2.jpg

PosterBoyKelly said:
There's no such thing as "going too far" when it comes to marketing and making money until you've killed some people. That's a little overboard. A little. Anyway, these aren't thatmuch more "weird" or "outrageous" than VCD's, Kubricks and all the other off-beat stuff we mentioned before. Besides, it's not like Lucas thought of this, HotToys did.

After seeing those pics, I'd like to correct myself. It's not going too far. This is extreme overkill. Oy...

$10 each, for sure I'm in! I know I'll go Vader/Sith/Grevious/Obi I'm not sure on C-3PO or the Wookies yet. I wonder what they'll do for Yoda and his big ears?

i guess its an original idea, since you can easily divide the characters up into three parts, by dividing them by the movies.

I am TOTALLY gonna get that Obi-Wan!

Bizarre? Oh yeah. But hey, if we're dealing with Darth Tater and a transforming Palpatine (yeah--weird!), this isn't too bad. Besides, it's Obi-Wan! And he's chubby!

Wistful thinking: Hot Toys and Star Wars

I've been thinking a lot about it, and I've come to the conclusion that I wish Hot Toys would just get the Star Wars license so we could get fabulous armored characters that were in proper scale with other 1:6 figures (not to mention within its own line).

Can you imagine how fabulous a Hot Toys Vader would be?:emperor

Re: Wistful thinking: Hot Toys and Star Wars

I think HT doing Star Wars would be a BLESSING! I'm super happy with Medicoms, not so hot on SS, but I say the more the merrier, competition makes better products in the end, and I know HT would be able to rock us some killer figures! I'd like a Vader from them, of course, but would really want to see them do some aliens.

True that, but I don't doubt Sideshow will be making incredible armored characters eventually. Yeah we'll wait a while, but they'll come. Does anybody really think Sideshow isn't going to make armored figures? I am certain they will. Yeah HT would make great figures, but Sideshow is already doing that too; they just wanna develop the perfect way to do it, and I'm sure Hot Toy's techniques are being looked at. After all, we have such things as Jabba an Co., so I think Sideshow is doing fine.

Now as for POTC, Hot Toys is all over that....

SS is doing just fine with SW. They'll have armored figures coming out that will kick ass. I like Medicom's SW stuff a lot. Very nice items indeed and worth the money but I prefer SS stuff. HT is ok. The Firemen figures I got my Dad are nice but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. I can't see myself doing a lot of collecting if it was all in HT.

I predict the SS SW line will eventually die off unless the body is changed.(just my opinion)
As far as HT doin some sure,but then again it scary(i hardly need more crap to buy lol)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The bodies aren't what's hurting as much as the past few months without any shocking announcements. As for Hot Toys, I forgot the huge prices they charge $$$. Good point dude. Could you imagine how much an armored Vader would COST?!?!? :monkey4

Captain Faramir said:
True that, but I don't doubt Sideshow will be making incredible armored characters eventually. Yeah we'll wait a while, but they'll come. Does anybody really think Sideshow isn't going to make armored figures? I am certain they will.

I'm certain they will as well. I'm just TIRED OF WAITING. :maul

Captain Faramir said:
Could you imagine how much an armored Vader would COST?!?!? :monkey4

When/if SS makes a good vader it's gonna cost just as much man(at least 100$+)

True that bro; I just figured Hot Toys would be a bit more, but yeah, when Sideshow does get to him it'll definitely cost a lot.

Yeah, SS Body isn't hurting this line. I don't know how many are like me in that they find just about any pose they really want easy to do. The body could be better I agree.

As far as the price of a SS Vader. I expect it to be around $85-$90. Which would be fine considering I paid more for my Medicom stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back