1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars ep. VII- First Order Stormtrooper Officer & Officer Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he has been released yet, in the States at least. SSC states that he doesn't ship until February - April. I'm contemplating getting one as well.

Even though you won't find it in the film anywhere, the official TFA canon states that all officers carry black "Officer's Edition" of the Sonn-Blas SE-44C blaster pistol. So I grabbed one of the Hot Toys First Order Tie Fighter Pilot pistols to use with my Stormtrooper Officer. There was one problem, it's not magnetized, so it won't stick to the officer's leg.

I had to customize it with a magnet.

First I experimented with the white blaster until I found the compartment where the magnet is to be inserted. I had to use the white blaster as the guinea-pig because it's impossible to locate the tiny seams on an all black pistol. I discovered that the magnet is hidden under the sight on the top of the gun. The sight is pegged and glued into the top of the weapon. I had to cut the pegs on my black pistol because the glue just wouldn't budge. Now that I knew where the magnet compartment was i placed one of my own magnets in, and stuffed in a head sculpt shaving from my Thor helmet mod, to fill the extra space. Finally I glued the sight back on.

The new magnet worked perfectly, and I now have an "Officer's Edition" black blaster pistol for my First Order Officer Stormtrooper. Pictures of the whole process are below.

SB_SE-44C_Officer.jpg
White Blaster removed sight.jpg
White Blaster with magnet.jpg
Black Blaster with sight removed.jpg
Black Blaster No Magnet.jpg
Black Blaster with magnet.jpg
Officer Blaster.jpg
Officer Blaster front.jpgBlabk Blaster Side.jpg

By officer, i think they meant high rank officer. THe kind that don't wear white clad. This being said, black pistol looks kind of cool on that white thigh armor.

I don't understand it's a Stormtrooper with a red pauldron

Agreed. All the Stormies came out relatively quickly and close to one another because they're the same figure with different variations.

As someone suggested, I don't imagine they would abruptly decide to improve articulation on this one.

Probably just something boring like the factory was booked, or maybe they're trying to help the sales of every single other Stormtrooper they put out already, none of which have sold out yet.

I just finished watching the film again this evening, and perhaps it's just me, but it kind of looked like the pauldrons are a little larger than what they're making them for the figure. Wouldn't stop me at all from still getting this figure, but just something I observed.

After getting my Kylo Ren yesterday, he needs these guys behind him. It's a high price but it's 2 outstanding Hot Toys figures.

If I were to have Stormies behind Kylo, it would be a regular and the Officer. However, the Jakku Stormie is REALLY cool and is probably my favorite FO Stormie.

Just sayin'. :lol

I'm gonna put Officer and Phasma behind him in a case just big enough for the three of them....regular, Jakku and pilot will have to go into their boxes till I decide to rotate them in or sell.

I'm gonna put Officer and Phasma behind him in a case just big enough for the three of them....regular, Jakku and pilot will have to go into their boxes till I decide to rotate them in or sell.

Yeah I had three Stormies (regular, Jakku and HG), but recently decided to sell HG. Not sure if I will get an Officer or just leave it at two. If I do get a third, it'd definitely be the Officer.

any idea when these guys will be released? No idea why it's taking so long!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back