1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question about the waitlist. I got a conversion for Stan Lee, but forgot to confirm my order before the cut off. I figured, no big deal and tried to go back on the list since it's still open. The figure page says that I'm on the waitlist, but it's not listed on my waitlist requests page in my account. Anyone have any experience with this regarding their new waitlist system?

I have a question about the waitlist. I got a conversion for Stan Lee, but forgot to confirm my order before the cut off. I figured, no big deal and tried to go back on the list since it's still open. The figure page says that I'm on the waitlist, but it's not listed on my waitlist requests page in my account. Anyone have any experience with this regarding their new waitlist system?

Once you go past the cut off date you’re no longer eligible to get it. At least that’s been my experience. I’ve done the same thing and checked to see if I can buy it but I couldn’t and it still says I’m on the waitlist. It might not hurt to call them if it isn’t too far past the cutoff date.

Decided to cancel this so someone might get a conversion soon. Just decided that while it’s cool I don’t need it and while I could probably sell it I’d rather not have to bother with it.

Decided to cancel this so someone might get a conversion soon. Just decided that while it’s cool I don’t need it and while I could probably sell it I’d rather not have to bother with it.

I’m actually considering the same. I added up all my HT pre-orders today and I about had a heart attack how much I’m going to be spending the next 2 years. Will likely cancel him, stealth suit spider and Tony Stark Quantum suit. Gotta make room for Bro Thor and maybe hulk.

I’m actually considering the same. I added up all my HT pre-orders today and I about had a heart attack how much I’m going to be spending the next 2 years. Will likely cancel him, stealth suit spider and Tony Stark Quantum suit. Gotta make room for Bro Thor and maybe hulk.
For me it just came down to asking myself: is a Stan Lee figure really worth $300 after shipping? The answer ultimately was no. I bought it impulsively which was dumb. I'd rather lose the $27 deposit than pay out the entire figure. The one positive is that when I ordered Sideshow sent me a $25 coupon, which I used towards another figure I want more and won't be cancelling.

69525574_10156726193373175_4578722857395159040_n.jpg

I hope this packaging is a one off. In a big fan of the shoebox design even if its a space killer.

Definitely has to be a one off. I'm guessing its due to the design of the base/seat. Trying to put that into their shoebox style with the figure would require a thicc box. Whats going to be interesting is if you can open and close that plastic without damaging it. Its not going to be a very good look if I have to cut the plastic like 99% of retail packaging.

I imagine the lenticular backdrop included probably had something to do with that packaging too. Can't really have a tri-folded lenticular backdrop look decent.

Hate to say it, but this will almost surely be worth a lot more mint in sealed box because of the packaging in a couple years.

A Hong Kong reviewer just did a live unboxing and it was in the clamshell to fit the large backdrop. The clear helmet was in 2 pieces, that was cheap looking. Don't know why it couldn't be one solid piece that went over the head.

Back