1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up on Popcultcha now.
Works out slightly cheaper for Aussies than buying from Sideshow.

I was there late at night when I seen it in the Marvel section.
I didn't hesitate.Ordered straight away.
told one of my mates about it next day so he could order,and it had disappeared off the page!!
Super fast!!

They're not selling it there, so that really doesn't have anything to do with it. Just if SS can get HT to make more.

Has nothing to do with it being sold there. The question was asked if anyone's waitlist has converted. I just stated that conversions would likely not happen until after the SDCC.

Has nothing to do with it being sold there. The question was asked if anyone's waitlist has converted. I just stated that conversions would likely not happen until after the SDCC.

Again, what does SDCC have to do with anything? If you mean months from now after it ships, ok.

Maybe interest level will push up production and two, SS usually is on a bit of a hiatus with preorders and conversions and stuff like that.

Again, what does SDCC have to do with anything? If you mean months from now after it ships, ok.

I can see SDCC reveals maybe convincing people that they'd rather have different figures than the pre-order they have for this one. So maybe they cancel before their first flex-pay.

I ordered mine (middle of last week) from Collectibles Direct. They have now cancelled my order saying "no longer available" days after they actually "sold out".

Needless to say I won't be purchasing from them again in the future. Anyone else experienced this?

I ordered mine (middle of last week) from Collectibles Direct. They have now cancelled my order saying "no longer available" days after they actually "sold out".

Needless to say I won't be purchasing from them again in the future. Anyone else experienced this?

That seriously sucks. I’ve never purchased anything there. Now, I’m sincerely never buying from them. Thank you for sharing this heart breaking story. I’m sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that - that really sucks. :( I've ordered lots of 1/6 scale figures from them and never had anything like that happen...but I know I'd be pretty annoyed if it ever did.

Hope you can find another one from somewhere.

I only collect certain small amount of HT figures, so, don't follow much of HT news
And unfortunately just found out about this very cool Stan Lee figure

So, the question I have, can I still order him from Sideshow's Waitlist?
Or I'm just screwed and just pay the scalp prices

I only collect certain small amount of HT figures, so, don't follow much of HT news

Jump on the waitlist.

Definitely jump on the waitlist. IF it’s anything like Scarlet Spider they’ll open it back up.

Sorry to hear that - that really sucks. :( I've ordered lots of 1/6 scale figures from them and never had anything like that happen...but I know I'd be pretty annoyed if it ever did.

Hope you can find another one from somewhere.

Thanks, not going to "bang on" about it but the fact I asked them *why* immediately after they cancelled it (this was mid afternoon, so there's no way they didn't see the reply) and it's now a day later with no reply, really leaves a bad taste. Will either hope another store gets this on pre-order or just miss out entirely (not going down the eBay route due to customs etc and inflated prices).

Hi smoothemjay.
My girlfriend also pre ordered this figure with CDUK.

However she got a reply.

Like yourself - asked why it was cancelled.

The response she got was:

“Thank you for contacting us! The item Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 MM Action Figure 1/6 Stan Lee 2019 Toy Fair Exclusive 31 cm is a pre-order item and we got confirmation from the supplier this figure is not available any longer. I am afraid there is nothing we can do but can your order and issue you refunds.”

Back