Hot Toys Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-man : ANY version of SPidey, so long as the spidey suit is cloth on the red and blue version.

I'm going to say no on this. One distinct feature of the movie Spiderman suit is the textural quality, I just can't imagine anything but a rubber suit like HT's Batman's being able to capture that texture in figure form, and I don't see a point in a movie Spiderman without that texture, Medicom's Spiderman 3 figure is nice, but really, nothing makes it stand out as being from the movie, the colors are more like the comic suit, should be like a maroon and navy blue, not blue and red, and there's not texture to it.

Wolverine in the X-Suit will be the first one offered, I guarantee it.

That's be fine with me.

If they make MJ... which version?
Red dress (SM1) or lounge waitress (SM3)?
Those are when she looked the best, imo. Nothing from SM2... :lol

I'm going to say no on this. One distinct feature of the movie Spiderman suit is the textural quality, I just can't imagine anything but a rubber suit like HT's Batman's being able to capture that texture in figure form, and I don't see a point in a movie Spiderman without that texture, Medicom's Spiderman 3 figure is nice, but really, nothing makes it stand out as being from the movie, the colors are more like the comic suit, should be like a maroon and navy blue, not blue and red, and there's not texture to it.

That's actually a misconception, the suit for Spider-Man is red but the lighting in the film makes it seem maroon, the suits on display at premieres and such were always red. It a similar issue that occurs with the Iron Man suit but that suit is more muted. There is definite patterning on the suit in both the red and blue portions but I don't think HT will do anything but silkscreen it in all reality. The interesting thing will be the weblines, in Spider-Man 1 they were glossy black, so glossy that in natural light they gave a silver quality, Spider-Man 2 they were silver and in Spider-Man 3 they were flat black in production in order to differenciate from the Black suit completely. It will be completely obvious what film they do from what the suit looks like. The Diamond patterning in the blue sections are different in each film as well.

That's actually a misconception, the suit for Spider-Man is red but the lighting in the film makes it seem maroon, the suits on display at premieres and such were always red. It a similar issue that occurs with the Iron Man suit but that suit is more muted. There is definite patterning on the suit in both the red and blue portions but I don't think HT will do anything but silkscreen it in all reality. The interesting thing will be the weblines, in Spider-Man 1 they were glossy black, so glossy that in natural light they gave a silver quality, Spider-Man 2 they were silver and in Spider-Man 3 they were flat black in production in order to differenciate from the Black suit completely. It will be completely obvious what film they do from what the suit looks like. The Diamond patterning in the blue sections are different in each film as well.

Well, I'd prefer a collectible closer to the film colors, even if Medi matched the suit colors, it doesn't really look like what is on screen.

As for texturing, it'd be shame not to do sculpted rubber, TDK Batman as good texturing on his mesh, Spidey could be similar.

With differences being subtle, I wonder if HT would do one for each film or just do a lone red-blue figure to be all 3 films, then do black Spidey for a variant.

If they do a Mary Jane I have a feeling it'll be the red dress version

I doubt we'll see an MJ figure, I can't imagine too much of a market for a Kiersten Dunst MJ figure, and you can have a pretty full line for the Spidey films just using the villains and 2 Spidermans.

With differences being subtle, I wonder if HT would do one for each film or just do a lone red-blue figure to be all 3 films, then do black Spidey for a variant.

You'll know from the second they offer one, even the spider on the chest and back are different from film to film. If they go one Spider-Man all incompassing I see them using the Spider-Man 2 as a template. The patterning was more exaggerated that the first and the third and the weblines were just silver (which is why Medicom's figure had that).

I doubt we'll see an MJ figure, I can't imagine too much of a market for a Kirsten Dunst MJ figure, and you can have a pretty full line for the Spidey films just using the villains and 2 Spidermans.

There is always the Hot Angels line but it'd be ironic to put Dunst in a line named that....

I really hope they go the cloth route and not rubber. A rubber suit would restrict poseability and I would be wary of getting it into the extreme Spidey poses required.

I hear that, I'm just thinking of getting a figure that looks like the film costume, and I just can't imagine any cloth technique being able to capture that, love to be proven wrong, I just remember that was a big dissappointment with the Medicom figure, which was cloth.

I hear that, I'm just thinking of getting a figure that looks like the film costume, and I just can't imagine any cloth technique being able to capture that, love to be proven wrong, I just remember that was a big dissappointment with the Medicom figure, which was cloth.

Understand where you are coming from, but there is a guy who sells a custom one on eBay from time to time, (glad I did not get one in the end!), and the printed fabric looks pretty damn good.

The Medicom for Spider-Man 3 was pleather which didn't work. Honestly, the suits and the replicas of said suit use 4 way stretch lycra. Then the design is simply screened over it and then the weblines and spiders added. Darker the screen the more it looks textured. The glossy weblines from Spider-Man 1 are the best and most used because they give the black look in darker light and the silver look in natural. Its really a lot to go into it and whether HT will go to that extreme is questionable because in production its a lot that can go wrong. Plenty of custom suits get screwed up in the webline process

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

The other thing is that in the films the mask doesn't go over the face, there is a faceshield that go over the stunt man's head to give the proper look. The best case scenario is to do it like Snake Eyes and have an alternative Parker head if they included that.

There is a guy who sells a custom one on eBay from time to time, (glad I did not get one in the end!), and the printed fabric looks pretty damn good.

If you ever see it out there, do post images here. Like I said, I'm not against cloth, I'm just out for a movie Spiderman that does a good job capturing the distinct look of the film costume, if cloth can come close enough, great.

Understand where you are coming from, but there is a guy who sells a custom one on eBay from time to time, (glad I did not get one in the end!), and the printed fabric looks pretty damn good.

If you ever see it out there, do post images here. Like I said, I'm not against cloth, I'm just out for a movie Spiderman that does a good job capturing the distinct look of the film costume, if cloth can come close enough, great.

Yeah, I would love to see that as well.

MJ red dress has my vote.

I would say lounge waitress but SM1 was much better and memorable than SM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back