Hot Toys Spider-Man (Black Suit) - Spider-Man 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stoked to have this and the NWH Tobey coming, but now what are the chances of getting a new Red/Blue Raimi Spider-Man with a younger, non-emo Tobey head sculpt?

I'm stoked to have this and the NWH Tobey coming, but now what are the chances of getting a new Red/Blue Raimi Spider-Man with a younger, non-emo Tobey head sculpt?
If they have the SM3 license, then I think there's a decent enough chance they'll want to squeeze more mileage out of that new young Tobey sculpt.

I was trying to talk myself out of it but couldn’t resist. Pre-ordered the exclusive deluxe. Used my rewards points to get it down a bit.

Before it went up I was thinking the price was going to be higher and I would have been out, but at $330 it was too tempting. Plus I have a weird nostalgia for Spider-Man 3 even though it’s not a very good movie.

Debating whether to order at SSC, for the extra Sideshow EX symbiote head accessory.

$60 difference between Sideshow and say Timewalker (after factoring shipping, tax and lower MSRP at TW).

I was a skimming through this thread and a few collectors mentioned the symbiote heads are not accurate, more like the Tom Hardy Venom.

Aside from the Venom head sculpt and the Spider-Man head sculpt regarding the seam in the middle, the Black Spider-Man looks great. Whether he will look better than the Spider-Man from NWH I have no idea. 🕷

Does anyone know if Hot Toys will improve this? That looks really stupid. 🫣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_214455_YouTube.png
    Screenshot_20240514_214455_YouTube.png
    340.8 KB · Views: 0
Hot Toys got it right with No Way Home Tobey Maguire, didn't they? I would like this Tobey Maguire from Spider-Man 3. I only have villains in my collection. Except for Batman and Robin from the 1966 TV series.

I think that NWH is awful. Yes, I own it.
I'm leaning towards this Tobey Maguire from Spider-Man 3. But this one also has noticeable weaknesses in the pictures. The seam on the head, see appendix, the body and the Venom head sculpt. With all due respect, I somehow have the feeling that the quality at Hot Toys is decreasing more and more. Especially with a Tobey Maguire Spider-Man, I would have liked more passion in this collectible figure.

Funnily enough, I think Morbius (Hot Toys) looks better than the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man from NWH and the Spider-Man 3 judging from the pictures. A pity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_091457_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_091457_Opera.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 0
Genuinely curious - how would you improve it?
They did improve it for a very short time with the VG Spider-Man 2099 and I believe one or two others. They had something in the suit that was either attached on the inside of the suit in that area or that attached on the foot extending upward.

That piece prevented the suit from bunching in between the foot and ankle. Not sure why they stopped using it.

Back