Hot Toys Spider-Man (Black Suit) - Spider-Man 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks really good! I've always loved blacksuit spidey just not sure if this is for me. Was only going to have one spiderman for the collection
I don’t have a Spider-Man currently but wouldn’t mind adding one. Question is if I want this one or the black suit from the video game or a different one.

I too was very hyped for the movie back in the day. Played the game on Xbox 360 and even read the tie-in novel which is something I pretty much never do.

This seam is god awful, but ima need the deluxe on this.

1695411164280.png

That is so true, I was 16 when the trailer came out and I think I watched it over and over again, similar to when the ROTS trailer came out in 05.

The film was a huge disappointment after how amazing Spider-Man 2 was(but gave us endless amount of memes), but man, I was so hyped for that movie and leading up to it was so exciting.

As someone about the same age as you, how can you just casually drop something like that without spiraling into calculations about how long ago it was?

It’s going to be the 20th anniversaries of both Spider-Man 3 and ROTS soon. :lol

:thud:

I don’t have a Spider-Man currently but wouldn’t mind adding one. Question is if I want this one or the black suit from the video game or a different one.

I too was very hyped for the movie back in the day. Played the game on Xbox 360 and even read the tie-in novel which is something I pretty much never do.
I don't have one either, but the idea was to have the red and blue Toby from NWH with the big diorama display base from the Holland integrated suit set. However, now idk if I should wait on maybe an even more updated original red and blue Rami suit that may have a better Toby sculpt with moving eyes.

If i were to get this one, I'd go for the deluxe so that both Spidey's have cool and unique display bases rather than the standard hexagonal one

I've loved all the spiderman games since this Playstation 1 game

Spider-Man_2000_game_cover.jpg

The one I had before that was Spiderman and the Xmen
xnng629tcfj41.jpg

:rotfl

It's a big "IF"

I've been enjoying all the space I've freed up over the year so. Even more so now that I'm down to 3 PFs (one of which I'm trying to sell).

It just sounds to me like all that hard work has paid off with this announcement.

You’ve made way for the king. Embrace destiny.

IMG_2907.gif

Did the symbiote ever form into a full head like that in the film (before meeting Brock)?

Either way, this is a winner. Need it.
I was wondering that too, I don't remember seeing Venom's head when it was bonded to Peter.
I mean they're not even using the Venom head design that's in the movie. :lol It's closer to the Hardy Venom or Comic Inspired Venom. It makes no sense.

vn9q2oK.png

1490866208-venom-spider-man-3.jpg

I mean they're not even using the Venom head design that's in the movie. :lol It's closer to the Hardy Venom or Comic Inspired Venom. It makes no sense.

vn9q2oK.png

1490866208-venom-spider-man-3.jpg
Yeah, I was just talking to a friend and said the same thing to him. Very odd.

But, much cheaper for HT to use the Venom head they already made. Cheap and lazy on HT part. Although, this Venom head is much nicer and closer to the actual comic look of Venom. So there's that at least.

Yea the venom head never looked like that nor did he have a tongue in any of scenes. His design bounced back and forth during production. I remember he had human teeth in a deleted scene.

Yeah, I was just talking to a friend and said the same thing to him. Very odd.

But, much cheaper for HT to use the Venom head they already made. Cheap and lazy on HT part. Although, this Venom head is much nicer and closer to the actual comic look of Venom. So there's that at least.
If only we got that in 07 we wouldn’t have been so disappointed. Cause let’s be honest. We may love sm3 now for nostalgia reasons but when it first came out everything about it was disappointing and this included venom. Still I would get a hot toy of him

If only we got that in 07 we wouldn’t have been so disappointed. Cause let’s be honest. We may love sm3 now for nostalgia reasons but when it first came out everything about it was disappointing and this included venom. Still I would get a hot toy of him
True. Last time I watched it not so long ago I really quite enjoyed it though. I think it's a fantastic trilogy.

Hold on. I'm not a comics Venom lore expert or anything, so I have to ask this: is that head the symbiote's default humanoid appearance (with the eyes and sharp teeth)? Or does it only learn to take that shape when bonded with Brock? I always assumed their shared hatred and evil nature created the sinister "Venom" appearance, so it doesn't make sense for it to have that face with Peter.

Seems HT took some liberties with this. Not that I mind the inclusion.

I think I would've preferred this over the venom head.
Agreed. Actually resemble what's in the movie and not some fan made design that they came up with.

The only other "Peter Venom" design that's in the movie is the one that was cut from the final movie where he sees it in the mirror for a split second.

spider_man_3_deleted_scene.png

terrifying-prototype-venom-suit-from-spider-man-3-v0-ismoq1afcl8a1.jpg

Back