1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m really surprised they’re not rolling out announcement after announcement, and staggering actual releases so people aren’t having to spend a ton at once.

Not everywhere has a large retailer like Sideshow where stocks are typically available well into the actual release of products. Where I am from we have to preorder (with NDRs that are at least 20% of the actual price) within a month of HT's announcements. If we miss the window we have to pay whatever marked-up prices that retailers set or aftermarket prices in the secondary market.

It is even worse for collectors in Hong Kong as HT has no online shop. So they might have to queue at HT's physical stores for hours just to preroder a figure. More so nowadays with the endgame craze and scalpers hiring foreign workers to queue for them.

Not everywhere has a large retailer like Sideshow where stocks are typically available well into the actual release of products. Where I am from we have to preorder (with NDRs that are at least 20% of the actual price) within a month of HT's announcements. If we miss the window we have to pay whatever marked-up prices that retailers set or aftermarket prices in the secondary market.

It is even worse for collectors in Hong Kong as HT has no online shop. So they might have to queue at HT's physical stores for hours just to preroder a figure. More so nowadays with the endgame craze and scalpers hiring foreign workers to queue for them.

Yep tell me about it. It's pretty much pre-order or pay the price for me too here in Europe.

I wish there was a similar distributor in Europe who keeps significant inventory like Sideshow.

In any case it's a hobby I enjoy so I keep on top of new releases pretty well. Helps to be decisive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So not sure if this is the right thread for it, but the more I see end game final sequence of fights the more I think, Wanda / scarlet witch is the most powerful hero, even more than captain marvel. Sorry if this contends with anyone’s point of
View, I just felt like that. May be it’s discussed already but just airing my view and seeking what others think.

So not sure if this is the right thread for it, but the more I see end game final sequence of fights the more I think, Wanda / scarlet witch is the most powerful hero, even more than captain marvel. Sorry if this contends with anyone’s point of
View, I just felt like that. May be it’s discussed already but just airing my view and seeking what others think.

Nah, she's a classic glass cannon. She can deal damage but can't take it in return. War Machine took her out with a sonic cannon in Civil War which suggests she has no latent defensive abilities. All of her "impressive" attacks have been against characters that use melee weapons (Black Order, 2014 Thanos). She'll struggle hard against anyone with a supersonic projectile weapon (i.e. standard ballistic rifle), and get absolutely deleted by the likes of Iron Man, War Machine and Captain Marvel.

What are the chances of HT skipping Endgame Thor? I want him and Rocket so bad it hurts, but at least we've actually seen Rocket.

What are the chances of HT skipping Endgame Thor? I want him and Rocket so bad it hurts, but at least we've actually seen Rocket.
I don't about Thor really want him. But they better release rocket and not just show him.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Nah, she's a classic glass cannon. She can deal damage but can't take it in return. War Machine took her out with a sonic cannon in Civil War which suggests she has no latent defensive abilities. All of her "impressive" attacks have been against characters that use melee weapons (Black Order, 2014 Thanos). She'll struggle hard against anyone with a supersonic projectile weapon (i.e. standard ballistic rifle), and get absolutely deleted by the likes of Iron Man, War Machine and Captain Marvel.

Even some of the 'hits' she's taken have been exaggerated for effect. She's a human with exceptional offensive abilities. She certainly shouldn't be able to tank damage like Captain America, letalone Captain Marvel or Thanos. Dr Strange is the same..

Yeah she's got incredible power, but still has typical human reflexes and isn't really a trained fighter like most of the others. And we saw how much she struggled against Thanos's minions when trying to protect Vision.

Yeah she's got incredible power, but still has typical human reflexes and isn't really a trained fighter like most of the others. And we saw how much she struggled against Thanos's minions when trying to protect Vision.

Yeah personally I thought that was a bit much myself.

Especially when you compare her then to the end battle where even Okoye says why didn't we have her out here sooner ? Or to that effect.

I see your reasoning, but like others said, she can dish it out, but can’t take it. Captain Marvel would have beaten Thanos on her own, if Thanos hadn’t taken the Power Stone in his other hand. Also are we going to ignore the fact she took down Thanos’s warship by herself, easily? She doesn’t need any weapons, she IS a weapon. She’s like Superman.
She probably could have won the battle in NY 2012 alone, and maybe Age of Ultron, well throw in Strange, Wanda, and Thor.
The next phase better have an extremely powerful villain considering Captain Marvel is so powerful, seemingly almost indestructible.

Sorry if people has said these before, but I just saw the movie yesterday. Here are what I’d like made that haven’t been announced.

Endgame husky Thor with Stormbreaker and Mjölnir.
2012 Captain America with improved outfit/sculpt/body.
Old Steve Rogers with shield.
Professor Hulk with Gauntlet
Endgame Nebula: the one announced is more like GOTG/IW version. I want one with the orange face plate, and she had a different outfit towards the end (metal arm had a sleeve).
Valkyrie: maybe with winged horse?
War Machine (final battle suit): larger with dual cannon on the back.
Captain Marvel with short hair and maybe better sculpt. Or carrying Gauntlet.

So what do you think the chances of some or all my choices seeing production? I figure some of these can be exclusives. Also considering it will be a while before another Marvel film (not including Far from Home), Hot Toys will milk this film. It’s also a high profit movie.

Sorry if people has said these before, but I just saw the movie yesterday. Here are what I’d like made that haven’t been announced.

Endgame Nebula: the one announced is more like GOTG/IW version. I want one with the orange face plate, and she had a different outfit towards the end (metal arm had a sleeve).

So what do you think the chances of some or all my choices seeing production? I figure some of these can be exclusives. Also considering it will be a while before another Marvel film (not including Far from Home), Hot Toys will milk this film. It’s also a high profit movie.

I still believe that Thor and Hulk are definitely coming, guessing we'll see them for the first time at SDCC. The others I'd say are less likely, other than War Machine with the revised color scheme for end battle and Captain Marvel. That Valkyrie in white would be excellent.

I see your reasoning, but like others said, she can dish it out, but can’t take it. Captain Marvel would have beaten Thanos on her own, if Thanos hadn’t taken the Power Stone in his other hand. Also are we going to ignore the fact she took down Thanos’s warship by herself, easily? She doesn’t need any weapons, she IS a weapon. She’s like Superman.
She probably could have won the battle in NY 2012 alone, and maybe Age of Ultron, well throw in Strange, Wanda, and Thor.
The next phase better have an extremely powerful villain considering Captain Marvel is so powerful, seemingly almost indestructible.

Yeah, Captain Marvel's a beast. But there's always a bigger fish -- or a virus.

You don't need insane power levels to counter someone OP -- just the right counter. I'm sure they'll have her challenged.

Now with that said, I've always preferred smaller, more grounded stories as much as I love epic build-ups and conclusions, so not sure how invested I'll be for Cosmic-level storytelling. I mean I'll watch it, but it's not going to resonate as strongly, entertaining though it may be.

So HT has already moved on from Endgame to SFFH figures, albeit with an abridged version of Homecoming Spidey relabeled as a movie promo figure. Happy for those who missed out on the original & don't want to pay scalper prices, but I'm a bit surprised we didn't get 1 or 2 more Endgame figures first. I thought Thor for sure, with Rocket, Prof. Hulk and Valkyrie as other possibilities. If I had to guess, I'd say Thor, Rocket and Prof. Hulk will eventually get regular releases, while Valkyrie and Endgame CM are strong contenders for Toy Fair Exclusives.

I’m thinking SDCC.

Agree. There's no way they've moved on from Endgame figures yet. From a business perspective, they need to temporarily shift focus to the new Spidey movie as there's a more limited set of characters they can produce from that. Endgame will continue to have new announcements through year-end, I would hope. Plus, they still haven't announced five or six Infinity War characters that were previewed via online comic con last year (Starlord, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, etc.)

Yeah there's no way they're going to move on from a movie as big as Endgame just yet. Judging by how many figures we got from other Avengers movies and teamups like CW, there's likely still a few more to come.

Back