1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping rocket pops up tomorrow, $25 code expires tomorrow. Might just have to order something else.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Lazy week from HT? LMAO

Me as DC fan still waiting from Shazam and Cyborg. Man, JL so rough but I still want Cyborg.

I would be shocked if they actually made Cyborg now after all this time. He never even made it to official solicitation/pre-order status, did he?

I would be shocked if they actually made Cyborg now after all this time. He never even made it to official solicitation/pre-order status, did he?

Rumor has it that the Cyborg prototype figure WAS about to be announced, and the John Wick prototype jumped in and jammed a pencil into the back of the Cyborg figure's head, and then took his place in the preorder box...haha!

Saw this last night. Why is iron studios 1/4 Thor a hundred dollars less on sideshow than big bad toy store?

I’m really surprised they’re not rolling out announcement after announcement, and staggering actual releases so people aren’t having to spend a ton at once.

Also - always hoping for Peggy, but I also really want Valkyrie in her badass armor.

I’m really surprised they’re not rolling out announcement after announcement, and staggering actual releases so people aren’t having to spend a ton at once.

Also - always hoping for Peggy, but I also really want Valkyrie in her badass armor.
Waiting on rocket. They should release Valkyrie, had her shown since Ragnarok.

Waiting on rocket. They should release Valkyrie, had her shown since Ragnarok.

Yeah, it seems wild for them to have put the work into the head sculpt, have people clamoring for her in her breathtaking armor, and then to not do it. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, it seems wild for them to have put the work into the head sculpt, have people clamoring for her in her breathtaking armor, and then to not do it. Fingers crossed!

Hot Toys moves in mysterious ways. People have clamoured for any number of things -- and granted, this is a Marvel character from a BIG film -- but after all these years I'm still not clear on how much, if at all, Hot Toys listens to communications from fans through any channels. They seem to make most business decisions pretty conservatively and it appears to work well for them.

We gripe and complain about this or that thing on these forums ad infinitum but I get the feeling we're not just a vocal minority but a very insular/circular one that maybe doesn't have much weight. Could be wrong, but this company's trajectory seems idependent of what we "want" vs. what we buy when it's offered, along with everyone else.

I think a big part of it is also the Chinese market. They made Sao Feng and not Barbossa. They made the blind guy from Rogue One instead of other characters. There’s definitely a cultural aspect to their decision making, and since we’re mostly in the West on this forum, we might be out of touch with their decision-making methodology. I’ve got a friend who works there who talks regularly about intrinsic differences in how people think that are hard to comprehend.

I think a big part of it is also the Chinese market. They made Sao Feng and not Barbossa. They made the blind guy from Rogue One instead of other characters. There’s definitely a cultural aspect to their decision making, and since we’re mostly in the West on this forum, we might be out of touch with their decision-making methodology. I’ve got a friend who works there who talks regularly about intrinsic differences in how people think that are hard to comprehend.

That's what annoys me no end. HT doesn't seem to realise they are a global company now. They need to be listening and catering to global customers not just local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back