1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han's proportions are way off, hands are huge compared to his head.
Clothes and tailoring are great though, I'd switch the headsculpt.

Movie is good. Han looks ok. Chewy is awful. I need range trooper and death star trooper.

I need to see JC's pics as well. Soon as I saw it this morning it just didn't grab me. Looking at more pics made the feeling worse. This needs a complete overhaul asap.

It’s funny how people are like ‘what do we need this for’, ‘only the OT is good’, ‘the movie isn’t needed’, ‘let’s get a Ford head on a his thing’... blah blah... it seems like people are forgetting that not everyone are over 40 living off memberberries. I am, and I only collect OT, but there are in fact younger people out there if you don’t know, and for them the 80s are in a galaxy far faaaaar away and they don’t give a **** about our nostalgia. They want their own and they’re getting it. Great! Yes, the OT figures sell better, because people over 40 can afford it - most young people can’t. That doesn’t mean that the franchise isn’t appreciated - and all box office numbers show that. ...so might as well accept that the world is going ahead leaving the 80s behind, like it or not.

Of the few friends of mine that have seen it, the two oldies (mid-late 40's) really liked it, and the "younger" ones - mid 20's ish - didn't like it. Not exactly a scientific sample (i haven't seen it yet with the kids,) but this whole "old guys need to move on" thing is such a stereotyped oversimplfication - and also trades heavily on ageism, the only "-ism" that nobody seems to give a **** about these days.

Of the few friends of mine that have seen it, the two oldies (mid-late 40's) really liked it, and the "younger" ones - mid-late 20's and early 30's - didn't like it. Not exactly a scientific sample (i haven't seen it yet with the kids,) but this whole "old guys need to move on" thing is such a stereotyped oversimplfication - and also trades heavily on ageism, the only "-ism" that nobody seems to give a **** about these days.

Well, that is not at all what I meant. We can enjoy the new stuff as much as younger people can. It’s all the ‘we don’t need new stuff’ that I’m talking about. We don’t need to ‘move on’, we need to accept that we aren’t the only audience anymore.

Well, that is not at all what I meant. We can enjoy the new stuff as much as younger people can. It’s all the ‘we don’t need new stuff’ that I’m talking about. We don’t need to ‘move on’, we need to accept that we aren’t the only audience anymore.

I'm in the oldie department and I can't wait to see Solo (couldn't go today because I had to work at the last minute, now can't go until the weekend) and going in with an open mind and I was also excited for the HT stuff - troopers mostly. I like some of the designs from Solo - creatures look to be OT level as well. But that new Chewy was like a sharp stick in the eye.:lol

Hmm, was looking forward to this reveal - he looks alright but I'm undecided as to whether I'll actually get him or not though atm.

I'm in the oldie department and I can't wait to see Solo (couldn't go today because I had to work at the last minute, now can't go until the weekend) and going in with an open mind and I was also excited for the HT stuff - troopers mostly. I like some of the designs from Solo - creatures look to be OT level as well. But that new Chewy was like a sharp stick in the eye.:lol

Totally in the same camp! I can’t go until Monday, but I can’t wait!
It’s actually more the people who says ‘Solo can only be Ford’ or ‘why do we need this’ that says ‘old people move on’. I don’t wanna move on, I enjoy the new stuff. The main thing I miss though is on the design front. I just can’t love this cgi world as much as ‘the old days’. That said, I like it more than the cartoon like cgi of the prequels.

Seeing the movie soon and am looking forward to it.
The figure looks okay to me but I wouldn’t be getting it. Don’t need a young Han and unless the film blows me away I can’t see that changing

Death Star trooper ? Yes please. ASAP.

Really hope HT does the red variant of Lando's costume...

Brody-Baby-Driver.jpg

Lando has a whole wardrobe of variants, if needed. As for the old school debate my problem is that this stuff is expensive, therefore priorities and priority is OT. That doesn't mean I don't like the new stuff (or part of the prequels)... there is just not enough money for everything.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hot-Toys-SOLO_A-Star-Wars-Story-Han-Solo-collectible-figure-DELUXE_PR08.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, but I can't imagine picking it up. I am looking forward to the movie, but I am going to have to REALLY love the move to want to memorialize this particular version on my shelf.

on a side note, I am a bit disappointed his shirt isn't a bit darker on the figure, I was hoping the shirt might be a good option for a Yavin Luke custom. I always suspected Luke just worse something Han had for the medal ceremony and when I saw the trailer I was like hey- there is the shirt he gave Luke! (Which is really just a black version of Han's "Bespin" shirt.

Re: Hot Toys: Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

I really wish they would just do sculpted fur on chewbacca until they can figure out how to make it look right

A sculpted figure would look like a cheap action figure with exposed joints all over.

I like how Han looks.
Maybe they should give up on Chewy. But then again, people will still buy it...

Well, I missed the classic version of Han Solo. And this version seems pretty cool, the clothes looks really good. But I really don't think I will buy it. Or, only if they do an Imperial Infantry version as in the movie.

I would preferred a version that leaves us the choice of the headsculpt, why not, the head of the new actor, and the head of Harrisson Ford, but I dream !

Chewbacca really looks strange...

Back