Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

At this rate, their "new" Bespin Luke, which will be bare bones with nary an accessory, will be the same $300 as the original release which had 2 figures plus the huge weather vane!

Re: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Luke SkywalkerTM (Snowspeeder Pi

2 years.

This is do dumb lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, still $5 less than Sideshow's version even after several years of toyflation. Proves how overpriced Sideshow's was at the time. Their only excuse being that it was a limited exclusive I suppose.

I knew when I posted my question that SS would post it immediately. :lol

Hey Wor remember that 4.3 quake we had maybe 2-3 wks ago? I instantly checked my display and bench and the only thing that fell was a trooper helmet that was sitting on a paint bottle :yess:

I do. Did the same thing, but nothing fell.

which one you think they will do next?? 117597021_160894975626086_5641769183920116180_n.jpg

The only figure that I display with a stand is wearing high-heeled boots and has an expensive custom headsculpt. Returns Catwoman can stand on her own but a damaging fall for whatever reason could be catastrophic. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

$265.00USD for this Luke is about what I expected. Just hope the production figure's very well-executed. This is gonna look great with my Probe Droid...2 years from now. :gah:

Hah, still $5 less than Sideshow's version even after several years of toyflation. Proves how overpriced Sideshow's was at the time. Their only excuse being that it was a limited exclusive I suppose.

Every Sideshow figure is overpriced, if they were 2/3 or 3/4 of the HT price then maybe they?d be better value.

2 years.

This is do dumb lol

In two years time I am afraid every business in the state of California will be burned to the ground. I want to order two but what if Sideshow is in ashes?

I knew when I posted my question that SS would post it immediately. :lol [...]

Wor-Gar's a SORCERER!! :panic:

which one you think they will do next?? [...]

Out of those figures shown there? Bespin Han. Only because he was teased in a Leia shoot so long ago. Then again they teased an AT-AT for Snowspeeder Luke. :confused:

:lecture So many people passed because of the insane price which made it rare. I only have it because I got it for a better price on sale at Popcultcha.

Hmm, the price has me waiting a bit to see if I can find a place to knock it down a bit. Close to a good coupon on AlterEgo but don't have any more purchases on the way from them, though I suppose within the next 2 years I might.

Toys Wonderland and Toys Buying Agent.

How is it up on those sites before even sideshow?

Because they deal directly with Hot Toys in Hong Kong. No need for them to go through the middle man (Sideshow).

There was an 'interesting' thread on One Sixth Republic today started by a customer who was having a lot of trouble with Toys Wonderland. (He was trying to arrange the cancellation of orders due to Covid related increased shipping costs).

He somehow managed to get a reply from Hot Toys that wasn't a standard response:

117611278_3475400239150633_7906608917859150444_o.jpg

So, like many retailers, TW source their product from distributors. I've also read reports that one of them (either TBA or TW) don't like handling complaints with regard to missing or damaged parts, as it seems it was too difficult for them to manage.

Toys Wonderland became aware of the thread:

117820457_3475282985829025_1506845455957472205_o.jpg

:lecture So many people passed because of the insane price which made it rare. I only have it because I got it for a better price on sale at Popcultcha.

Yeah i got it on sale there too. Ended up selling it for a good profit as i didnt like the headsculpt and figured Hot Toys would make him eventually. And here we are, a lot later than I expected but still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At this rate, their "new" Bespin Luke, which will be bare bones with nary an accessory, will be the same $300 as the original release which had 2 figures plus the huge weather vane!

Hah, you?re so right. Single figures closing in on $300 despite inflation calculator showing only 15% inflation since 2011.

The same year DX07 went up for order for $300, the first Captain America retailed for $170. 15% inflation would make a basic figure like First Avenger Cap around $195 in 2020. Toys definitely be getting expensive

which one you think they will do next?? View attachment 493115

Nice pic. Toy companies often release similar figures around the same time period. I personally really hope we get Han and Lando.

However i am a bit nervous how Landos hair would turn out in 1/6 form.

Yeah i got it on sale there too. Ended up selling it for a good profit as i didnt like the headsculpt and figured Hot Toys would make him eventually. And here we are, a lot later than I expected but still.

I initially passed on SSC Snowspeeder Luke because I thought the price was beyond the pale; caved some time later but well before prices went insane-o.

I ended up selling him at a good price during a purge because he just wasn't *quite* there in terms of paint mostly, counting on HT to deliver at some point. That definitely paid off.

A HT TIE Fighter Pilot is well overdue. Considering how keen they are on making troopers and it requires no headsculpt (unlike the DS Trooper) it?s amazing they haven?t made one yet. I?m really hoping they turn up in season 2 of The Mandalorian.

However i am a bit nervous how Landos hair would turn out in 1/6 form.

Personally I?m more worried about the moustache. That glorious ?tache has to be 100% perfect. Yes, it?s a deal-breaker.

Back