Hot Toys + SH kim + Sin City License = Goldmine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word came a few weeks ago that Dimension (now owned by the Weinstein Co.) had lost the rights to "Sin City".

They presumably reverted back to Miller who probably would want to go right back to Dimension anyway but still, the whole thing shows what shape future "Sin City" movies are in.

Miller got his foot in the door of the movie business in a big way only to piss it away. Rodriguez's last major production ("Grindhouse") was a bomb and the Weinstein Co. is in bad shape financially and you could look at that two ways:

1: all 3 would do well to put out a sure-thing like a "Sin City" sequel

2: none of them are in a position to get a "Sin City" sequel off the ground.

You could be an optimist and hope for #2 but truth is, it just isn't looking too good for a "Sin City" sequel which is a shame because the movie was playing in theaters like a year after it was announced, it was awesome and there are plenty more "Sin City" stories to do in the same way. There's undoubtedly some alternate universe where the powers-that-be just kept cranking them out until the whole canon was filmed but unfortunately in ours they all made a bunch of bad decisions.

IMDB has it slated as in development and a 2011 release.

IMDB is not a reliable source.

My top 3 would be:

1. Nancy
2. Miho
3. Marv

Those were my favorite characters from the first Sin City.

By the way, does anybody know something more about Sin City 2. In the beginning there were rumors about a 2008/2009 release, but somehow everything got delayed probably :dunno
Anybody know if the film is in develepment, pre-production, already shooting???

I really hope if part 2 comes out, Hot Toys will get the licence :)

From what I understand, I mean I'm just a lowly screen writer, but it started
production, then had contract issues to get some of the actors on. Then SAG was going to strike and then they had to look for more investors. But some of it is in the can. So if they started it, I can't imagine someone not coming in and taking advantage of getting this thing finished. They already
wrote Sin City 3. :rotfl

As for Rodriguez, he's been involved or had big hits at least 4 times in the last 10 years. Especially with Once upon a time in Mexico & Sin City. Rodriguez's track record is not in question, Miller's is. Technically, Miller has done only 2 films (Sin City & The Spirit) where is was heavily involved.
300, was based off Miller's comic, but he only had input, he didn't really do much more than that. He showed he can't do it alone, as he failed big time with the Spirit. So I think someone will end up backing Rodriguez on both Sin City 2 & 3.

Thanks for the info guys!!! :)

I really hope Sin City 2 will see a release, although it seems that the project isn't really getting off the ground... :(

I hope Rodriguez will be back in a joint-directing with Frank Miller as he did for Sin City. They have proved that it worked...

I think somebody has a very poor taste in movies :rolleyes:.....

Yeah i agree, if you like stupid slick-trash movies with absolutely not even a hint of content like Sin City you must have poor taste. I'm glad you have some self-knowledge.

Yeah i agree, if you like stupid slick-trash movies with absolutely not even a hint of content like Sin City you must have poor taste. I'm glad you have some self-knowledge.
Alright, fine. But could you at least list your top 10 movies. I'm kind of curious as to what they are....

Just because you may not understand the content, doesn't mean there isn't any.
Many people find it hard to follow a non-linear format. Myself, I find
it refreshing. That may be why you chose to flame this thread instead of
contributing.

=IKE-CON;1787659]Just because you may not understand the content, doesn't mean there isn't any.

Your using this on Sin City, o please, there is no content!!!! It's slick violent videogame/nerdy comicbook BS. Nothing cinematic about it.

Many people find it hard to follow a non-linear format.

:lol:rotfl:lol again using hard to follow in the context of Sin City is ludricous.

Myself, I find
it refreshing. That may be why you chose to flame this thread instead of
contributing.

What's refreshing about it? It has been done to death.

If you like non-linear story-telling you may try bertolucci's conformist or Schrader's Mishima.

And if you like a film with content you may try The battle of argiers.

Last edited:

Your using this on Sin City, o please, there is no content!!!! It's slick violent videogame/nerdy comicbook BS. Nothing cinematic about it.

I guess 8th wonder is just not nerdy enough. Though, he is on a 1/6 forum:rotfl

Run on sentence time: Again, the point of this thread is about the artist SH Kim and how good he is
and doing spot on sculpts and that it would be good for Hot Toys to do
the Sin City License, because the artist has proven himself with some of
those characters. Please feel free to contribute to that. If you can't, then don't.

I guess 8th wonder is just not nerdy enough. Though, he is on a 1/6 forum:rotfl

Run on sentence time: Again, the point of this thread is about the artist SH Kim and how good he is
and doing spot on sculpts and that it would be good for Hot Toys to do
the Sin City License, because the artist has proven himself with some of
those characters. Please feel free to contribute to that. If you can't, then don't.

Now thinking about it, i shouldn't be in this thread to begin with:rolleyes:. What do i care if people like Sin City. I must have been very bored when posting my first comment here. Fans of Sin City, by all means continue your 1/6 figure quest.:D

It's about time we get some quality Jessica Alba products. :lecture

Back