Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Good luck, these helmets are undersized compared to the other usm1 helmets on the 1/6 market. IMO, best you can do is to find a Dragon or Soldier story helmet (complete) and paint it blue...

Actually after trying a few more pieces I found that the helmet and liner from Soldier Story: 82nd Airborne Division Normandy 1944 is an exact size match to the HT Rescue Cap helmet and the liner fits Caps helmet perfectly. And since the liner is to a jump helmet it has the yolks and chin strap already attached (Although the chin strap is hanging down on the wrong side).

So if anyone wants to ever kitbash a "Rescue Cap" then that would be the helmet to use for a custom.

Mentioned this in a different thread, but fans of this version may want to check out the January Loot Crate!

Mentioned this in a different thread, but fans of this version may want to check out the January Loot Crate!

You mean for this?

;)

s-l1600.jpg

Re: Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

There is a recast set coming out soon so worst case scenario you can pick it up then either by someone parting out the items or by buying the whole set and reselling the parts afterwards.

67c2e3dcf7d0c280ece6299d85cbda53.jpg
Is this recast out yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about picking one of these guys up. If I get a newer updated head sculpt would the helmet fit? Or would it be too big

I'm thinking about picking one of these guys up. If I get a newer updated head sculpt would the helmet fit? Or would it be too big

That's actually a project I'm working on myself right now. Unfortunately you do have to dremel most of the hair off the top in order for the helmet to fit (granted I'm using the KO outfit set, but it's a direct copy off the HT figure so I'm sure you'd have the same issue). I wasn't planning to take the helmet off anyway though, so it's something I can live with if it means a better likeness. And the size of the head looks perfectly fine under the helmet from what I can see.

Here's a few pics to give you an idea:

20180504_221701 (513x725).jpg

20180504_221935 (509x725).jpg

20180504_221939 (518x725).jpg

Is this Loot Create shield able to be applied to figure? Are the straps actually functional?

It's actually too big compared to the one that comes with this and "Star Spangled" Cap. I tried it myself and It looked ridiculous, not to mention it's weight unbalanced the figure, so I bought a parted out Hot Toys Shield to display with "Golden Age" Cap.

I did the same a while back with a bootleg sculpt(The sculpt isn't great, but i replaced it later anyway). As mentioned by Dave above, you need to remove loads of the hair with a dremel.

651AD9E7-397D-4F97-AB9D-8E9DF56E45B7.jpg

9290C105-7F06-45CC-A08B-52A8A0E48865.jpg

145A907C-ECFF-4989-870A-C4F60D58434F.jpg

AB7F2036-DB14-4EAE-AB0B-DC40C1DCDC4D.jpg

14F9B367-776B-41C6-8462-8B87B5F98811.jpg

I did the same a while back with a bootleg sculpt(The sculpt isn't great, but i replaced it later anyway). As mentioned by Dave above, you need to remove loads of the hair with a dremel.

651AD9E7-397D-4F97-AB9D-8E9DF56E45B7.jpg

9290C105-7F06-45CC-A08B-52A8A0E48865.jpg

145A907C-ECFF-4989-870A-C4F60D58434F.jpg

AB7F2036-DB14-4EAE-AB0B-DC40C1DCDC4D.jpg

14F9B367-776B-41C6-8462-8B87B5F98811.jpg

Damn it just looks so much better even with that bootleg head. The regular one looks like his head on his body before he had the super soldier serum. Another quick question is the body worth changing up to like a phicen or would it be fine for the time he came out?

Sorry I keep asking so many questions this is my favorite version of Cap just trying to make it look its best

An ongoing project for me using the sourced outfit and an extra Cap Stealth Set head. Keep switching bodies around an outfit needs strap shortening and some tweaks. Gonna try a wood burning tool to soften and remold Cap hair to fit helmet vs. cut and sanding. Might be a disaster.:lol

But the hair wave hasta go. Gonna work outside because of probable fumes and mess.

anyone know what body would be best for the knock off rescue cap clothes?

I was looking for a cheaper alternative so went with a Winter Soldier Nick Fury body I got on Toyanxiety (since it would be covered entirely by the outfit anyway). It's a big muscular body, although not quite as broad-shouldered as my new AOU Cap. But then the shoulders on the HT Rescue figure didn't look overly broad either. And with the jacket it should be easy to just add a bit of padding there to make up the difference.

It doesn't have a neck though, so you'd probably want to make sure to use one of the necked KO heads that's available now.

Damn it just looks so much better even with that bootleg head. The regular one looks like his head on his body before he had the super soldier serum. Another quick question is the body worth changing up to like a phicen or would it be fine for the time he came out?

You'll be cool staying with his body as it comes. It's a matter of the clothing. The jacket wouldn't fit on another body.

Back