Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had the metal plate, but... uh, I got this a long time ago, I don't really remember, but I want to say that it was actually rattling around in the box because it wasn't glued on well enough.

Yup, mine can stand, but I have him in a pretty boring pose. I don't leave him like this, since he'd probably collapse the minute there was a light breeze in the room.

rescuecap1.jpg

I love that pic Billion!
Even with the little issues he's still an amazing figure and I'm so glad I decided to get him. The Ebay seller is trying to get a replacement, maybe I'll get one whose legs arent as loose as mine. You think there's a possibility? Dunno if I should go through the hassle of shipping him back and all if the leg joints will still be that loose.

Anyway, he doesn't have to stand anymore now.
2016-10-06_10-06-35_zpst3gg9k5w.jpg

Thanks!

I think the setup you have looks fantastic! A WW2 motorcycle for Cap is on my wish list, but I keep getting distracted by new shiny things :lol With the motorcycle, I bet there's lots of ways to pose him that don't require him to be able to stand well!

Yeah, it definitely looks better with weathering but I'm too chicken to do that with expensive things. ^^ That's why I will leave Stevie's clothes alone as well. It's not like I can just un-do it again if I don't like it. ^^ If there was a tutorial for the bike and Stevie, I'd probably even consider, but so far I haven't found anything. :(

But yeah, congrats on yours, looks really cool! :) I also like the pose. I didn't wanna have the black base in my display so I'm a tad bit limited. ^^"

I repainted the bike with Testor Olive Drab enable from a bottle. I airbrushed it but with a touch of thinner it would brush on without any problems. Select areas of the engine are gunmetal, grey, and a few on-the-fly dark metal hues. Nothing clean looking. No silver. Think field used. Allow to dry 24 hrs.

There are a million variants to markings for a WWII Liberator Harley so there's really no "wrong" except for the Rainman type. I'm not concerned with screen accuracy here. Cap could've easily ridden more than one bike before Stark gave him the one used in the big raid. The stars and lettering are from an old Tamiya tank kit and work pretty well.

Weathering was done with watered down black and white acrylic. Very, very transparent black. Use sparingly around the engine to add some grime. go on with a broad brush and spray down with a water bottle myst as you go. Experiment.

Mud in most of Europe drys chalky white, so the mud splatter is white acrylic watered down and applied with an old toothbrush splatter method. One dry I used a very fine grit wet sandpaper and went over the tires and scuffed up the bike here and there.

Last edited:
Sounds definitely cool! :clap
But yeah, I'll not do that to mine. ^^ If it were a 30 bucks toy, I'd consider going at it with brown washes and texture paste but it cost a lot more than that and I like to keep collectibles in that price range like new. :3 Although it would be a nice project for sure. ^^

Mine is a GI Joe Harley Liberator. Got it on evilBay for ~40 or 50 bucks. I just looked and there's a few Buy it Now listings in that range.

Thanks guys, I was looking into getting a bike for the rescue and first avenger versions :hi5:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of regret not getting this when it was available. It's one of the cooler looking Cap figures by Hot Toys in my opinion.

Oh it definitely is and also looks so much better in-hand. Seriously, it's really nice. I thought I'd hate the head sculpt but damn, it's great! Really, it looks just fine on the figure, I dunno how I ever thought of replacing it! ^^"

Just picked up this guy loose with basically everything ~except~ for the helmet liner.

Any idea where to get one? Or failing that which 1/6 helmet liner will work as a substitute?

I've tried a few liners from Soldier Story WWII helmets but they are all too big to fit into Rescue Cap's helmet.

Re: Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Good luck, these helmets are undersized compared to the other usm1 helmets on the 1/6 market. IMO, best you can do is to find a Dragon or Soldier story helmet (complete) and paint it blue...

Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Just picked up this guy loose with basically everything ~except~ for the helmet liner.

Any idea where to get one? Or failing that which 1/6 helmet liner will work as a substitute?

I've tried a few liners from Soldier Story WWII helmets but they are all too big to fit into Rescue Cap's helmet.

There is a recast set coming out soon so worst case scenario you can pick it up then either by someone parting out the items or by buying the whole set and reselling the parts afterwards.

67c2e3dcf7d0c280ece6299d85cbda53.jpg

Back