Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

I WANT to like you, Cap. :(

Price is jacked, even for a Con EX. He's basically a Joe with a Shield. But I'd be able to deal with the price if the sculpt was dead-on.

Re: Hot Toys – SDCC 2012 Ex - Captain America TFA: Captain America Rescue Version

what are the other toyfair/comic con hot toys exclusives this year? if i missed the info

I really wish they had included a second head sculpt without helmet hair, I just keep thinking how the helmet hair limits the uses for the head sculpt.

Yeah, I'm curious to who did the sculpt?

It looks like a head sculpted by some dude at head play with the JC hong paint at best.

Odd looking sculpt.

The rest of the figure looks good, but they really could have easily included the full USO suit under there. An extra masked sculpt may not have been needed, since the one in the movie is so ill-fitting that replicating a 1/6 slip-on mask may have sufficed.

Lackluster release.

:huh I don't know... I see Evans-- and since Cap's my favourite Marvel hero this is an easy buy for me. I can't afford to get EVERY Ironman, but every Captain America is definitely doable.

I'm in the same boat, I think I can manage to get all the CA figures. I was way late to the party on HT IM (and Hot Toys in general for that matter) and will only be getting a couple of those most likely, but CA is my favorite of the Marvel Heroes so glad I got this one to join the others.

Odd looking sculpt.

The rest of the figure looks good, but they could have easily included the full USO suit under there. An extra masked sculpt may not have been needed, since the one in the movie is so ill-fitting that replicating a 1/6 slip-on mask may have sufficed.

But they would still need to give us 2 head sculpt, the other of a smiling Evans. Since most would want to pose him in the iconic saluting pose.

I still don't see why it's a comicon exclusive when you can just order it from Sideshow anyway :nana:

HS isn't perfect, it's not the 2-in-1 we hoped for, the trousers (pants) aren't the right colour, but still...

Excellent outfit, brilliantly executed. I'll be having this guy. :yess:

The sculpt is not great, but also not terrible. Ordered and in hand this month:yess:

Looks more like Channing Tatum than Chris Evans.

I've already ordered the Avengers version of Cap. I don't think I'm a big enough fan to have two cap figures, and this one is clearly overpriced.

PASS.

But they would still need to give us 2 head sculpt, the other of a smiling Evans. Since most would want to pose him in the iconic saluting pose.

Well if that's the case, then this figure would have been more expensive. An Exclusive at $220 these days, realistically, would not be a 2-in-1.

If they had their way, they'd probably charge $250+.

looks like Chris to me :dunno

Eh, but not surprised by early reactions, same complaints we always here about every release. And then someone will make a custom sculpt that looks nothing like the actor and people will pay $300 for it :lol

captain-america-chris-evans-sebastian-stan-movie-image1.jpg

:exactly:

Not just pay hundreds of dollars for it, but they would shower the sculptor with adulation.

Love the look of this costume... but to be honest I'm not in love with the head sculpt either. And I'm usually one of those easy to please people. It's not bad, but it's probably the first figure where I have trouble even finding a hint of the actor in it. Hmmm...

Still, I like the costume.

Back