Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because it was released during a time when Cap's cinematic popularity hadn't risen yet, it was all Ironman. And to some TFA was average at best. I like the film. I fhe were released now, like a 2.0, same with a STRIKE 2.0, or Star Spangled Man 2.0 or First Avenger they'd sell quickly. Heck even a 1/4 scale in any of those would sell.

Yeah strangely enough I think First Avenger is a good film retrospectively after Winter Soldier and Civil War. The callbacks and character arcs are fantastic.

The first half of First Avenger is fantastic, in my opinion. It's the second half and general lack of Nazis in a WWII movie that lets it down a bit.

The first half of First Avenger is fantastic, in my opinion. It's the second half and general lack of Nazis in a WWII movie that lets it down a bit.

Yeah true plus I kinda feel we don't fully get a sense of how much ass he can kick. The montage breezes theough all the bits you actually want to see in a cap movie. That was rectified in WS and Civil War.

I like TFA mostly for the WW2 era nostalgia. I think it's a good movie though. However, as mentioned, I think you get a better sense of Cap's abilities in TWS and CW.

Yeah true plus I kinda feel we don't fully get a sense of how much ass he can kick. The montage breezes theough all the bits you actually want to see in a cap movie. That was rectified in WS and Civil War.

Not to mention the pacing is way, way off in the beginning of the climax. He is talking to Colonel Phillips in a strategy room and then all of a sudden we find ourselves in the middle of the action, with that slightly cheesy and far too obviously choreographed scene of Captain fighting the 4 Hydra guys on motorcycles.

And the general lack of the Howling Commandos. Honestly, the movie could have been improved so much if they had given those guys more screentime. ;_; In fact, I'd watch an entire movie just with Steve and the Howlies taking down Hydra base after Hydra base.

I get that Marvel needed Cap in the present day for Avengers, but I will always be disappointed that it ruled out a WWII-era sequel to TFA with Bucky, the Howling Commandos, Peggy, and Colonel Phillips. I loved all those character interactions and could've watched a whole lot more of it. Flaws aside, TFA is still my favorite of the Cap trilogy (TWS is a close second because of its action sequences).

It's hard to believe Cap Rescue Version was a peg-warmer and SS had inventory lingering for ages. It's one of my favorites.

It was an SDCC summer exclusive and they only allowed us to buy one each. Otherwise, i would have bought a couple.
It also had the unmasked Steve head that, although a little small now, was the best one available till the WS headsculpt.
At one time, i had eight of the Rescue headsculpts, one for every Cap figure in my collection. When TWS brought out the better one, i bought fifteen of those to satisfy any future demand from my collection, lol. Yep. I was the one that bought those all up every time the parters put them up.

Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

When TWS brought out the better one, i bought fifteen of those to satisfy any future demand from my collection, lol. Yep. I was the one that bought those all up every time the parters put them up.

I'm confused. I want to applaude you for taking the initiative but... I also want to kick you in the d*ck
;o)

Re: Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

I'm confused. I want to applaude you for taking the initiative but... I also want to kick you in the d*ck
;o)

Hehe. I know how you feel. Any time I miss out on a headsculpt, I hate it.
I'd rather have five of a head and never use any than need one when the head is worth $100, knowing I could have gotten them for less when they were available.
I have some on Cap figures but I think I have a pic of twelve of them laying out on my desk if you want to see them, lol.

I have some on Cap figures but I think I have a pic of twelve of them laying out on my desk if you want to see them, lol.

That sounds terrifying!

...I kind of want to see it, though.

That sounds terrifying!

...I kind of want to see it, though.

Lol.
Here they are.
13 of them over on the left hand side. There are three missing from the image, on Avengers Cap, TFA Cap and one spare(For Strike Cap if i want to swap out the helmeted sculpt).

B3B91C37-AFCE-4E1A-81BC-138C4D50385C.jpg

30F458BB-0AF7-4BAA-A200-E5A44F6B8D2C.jpg

Lol.
Here they are.
13 of them over on the left hand side. There are three missing from the image, on Avengers Cap, TFA Cap and one spare(For Strike Cap if i want to swap out the helmeted sculpt).

:lol So many heads!! :lol I wish I had a supply like that, I can never find the ones I want!!

Lol.
Here they are.

What ... what exactly does one do with these many heads? XD I mean, I understand why you'd get a spare or maybe two but why so many? XD

I can't stop staring ... XD

Dude...., you would clean up in the "For Sale" section.

You'd think that, but everyone's cashflow has many different directions to be pulled in, and these things cost a lot to buy from Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, Black Ops Toys, Ebay, etc. So more likely, i'd put up a for sale post and get some low-ball offers from some cheapskates who don't want to pay what they cost(And become quite indignant with it). And all i end up doing is selling a dozen and then that's that. If i put a flat rate of $40 per sculpt and sold them all, i could buy ten Deloreans... And as a fair few cost more than double that $40 price, you can see the cost that went into these. Now, as to whether i could sell them all... That's another story.

:lol So many heads!! :lol I wish I had a supply like that, I can never find the ones I want!!

It's a fair collection. It took over an hour to take them from their single ziploc bags and arrange them like that for the images. Then over an hour to put them in new bags and pack them away again.

:lol That's all I hoped for and more!

Hehe. It always invites both camps when they see this many scale heads. Those who marvel, and those who ask why i have them at all...

What ... what exactly does one do with these many heads? XD I mean, I understand why you'd get a spare or maybe two but why so many? XD

I can't stop staring ... XD

Yeah. There are always a few i forgot i had.
Most are at a(Just) affordable price. Others are ones i reckon i am going to need later, and would rather spend $50 to get it than $100 when it's sold out. I spent $90 apiece on the Rescue Version heads(And i used to have one for each Cap, to swap out with the masked sculpts), and TWS Steve heads were about $80 apiece. I bargained at the time(And have thus far been correct) that, although this sculpt is good enough to be re-used, each subsequent re-use wouldn't have eyes pointing forward. AOU was to the left, CW to the right, etc. And i prefer eyes forward.
Also, on occasion, i am not going to be able to snipe on Ebay, so i will put a max bid on several auctions that are ending when i am at work. Then end up winning them all... That's why i have so many of the JGL Officer Blake head from TDKR. Five were ending at the same time and were $50 apiece. I won them all, hehe.

So...what's bigger? Your actual figure collection, or your spare sculpt collection? :lol

I was going to quickly reply with "my collection, of course!!!". But as there are about 115 figures in my collection and 208 headsculpts there in the pics above, probably the heads. But if i get my way, they would all have bodies to go onto.

You'd think that, but everyone's cashflow has many different directions to be pulled in, and these things cost a lot to buy from Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety, Black Ops Toys, Ebay, etc. So more likely, i'd put up a for sale post and get some low-ball offers from some cheapskates who don't want to pay what they cost(And become quite indignant with it). And all i end up doing is selling a dozen and then that's that. If i put a flat rate of $40 per sculpt and sold them all, i could buy ten Deloreans... And as a fair few cost more than double that $40 price, you can see the cost that went into these. Now, as to whether i could sell them all... That's another story.

Well if you ever decide that you can't live without that DeLorean, I definitely see a few of these id be willing to pay $40 each for. :wave

I like TFA mostly for the WW2 era nostalgia. I think it's a good movie though. However, as mentioned, I think you get a better sense of Cap's abilities in TWS and CW.

Let's not forget Age of Ultron. The beginning battle, Avengers mansion, against drones and Quicksilver. A lot showcases of Cap's ability, especially holding up against a holocaustic Vibranium robot and his army.

Back