Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep.

Of course 'right time' is relative. I said that in 1995 with the new Star Wars 3 3/4" red cards.

And again with the 1997 more realistic figures on green cards.

And again with Sideshow in 2005.

Spot on.

If we all waited for perfection this hobby would never have progressed into what we have today.
Technology moves on. Eventually the current Hot Toys will be surpassed.
I just buy what I like, from any scale, and enjoy it.

I will buy a Sandtrooper :yess:

Yes, it would be nice to know some kind of confirmation as to what's coming down the line in general. I've just begun on my HT journey and it would be nice to know which characters they plan to do so that i can decided if i want SS's versions or wait for HT's version.

Yes, it would be nice to know some kind of confirmation as to what's coming down the line in general. I've just begun on my HT journey and it would be nice to know which characters they plan to do so that i can decided if i want SS's versions or wait for HT's version.

If it's got a human face, you probably want SSC's version if it was produced in the past few years. :) Might need a repaint if it's not from this year forward.

Exactly, but take for example the just announced Jawas. Buy SS's or will there be a HT version? I just bought R2 from SS but will there be a HT version later? If i knew ahead of time, i could plan accordingly. I'm not asking for a complete rundown or what it will have, just whether or not they plan on making certain characters or not.

Exactly, but take for example the just announced Jawas. Buy SS's or will there be a HT version? I just bought R2 from SS but will there be a HT version later? If i knew ahead of time, i could plan accordingly. I'm not asking for a complete rundown or what it will have, just whether or not they plan on making certain characters or not.

You're asking for something that no company will ever do, so "fuggedaboutit."

You can also count on no R2 nor 3PO from HT until at least a year or more from SS's release. Jawas? Not likely ever. R5-D4? Not going to happen. Hoth Luke and Han? Doubtful.

If you're interested in them, these (already released figures) come recommended:

SSC Hoth Luke
SSC Hoth Han
SSC Tauntaun
SSC Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH) - it's the only release that actually looks like the actor
SSC R2-D2
Bandai/Tama C-3PO
SSC Snowtrooper
SSC Tusken Raider
SSC Dewback
SSC Probe Droid

Last edited:
I just got SS's R2 and i already ordered HT's Obi-Wan. I think theirs looks better. Apparently some used to let some kind of info on future releases out because there is a thread devoted to it. It just hasn't been updated in forever. I don't need every single version of every character either but there are a few off your list that i would like to pick up.

That list represents highly rated SSC product, and characters I don't think HT will produce or will simply not match/surpass SSC's release (Obi-Wan great example here).

This one has caught my attention but will loose it quick if it is around $230

That's almost guaranteed, look at the price of the Spacetrooper. :)

The more I look at this, the more impressed I am. They went with a new helmet...not completely unexpected given that they do all those Iron Man variants but I didn't have my hopes up. Frown looks different, and although I doubt they changed the piece that comprises the forward-lower "jaw" ... with the other details altered it seems to look better...weathering at first glance looks good too, but of course this is a prototype.

I'll continue customizing my TKs but scuttle any plans to kitbash Sandies with these confirmed.

Speaking of plans...I've made "plans" about a half dozen times now but I see that in this particular collecting era things change too quickly.

I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. If I do find myself with too much, I'll just thin the herd. Lucky my interests are pretty focused on troops anyway.

Besides further helmet variants, I wonder how many screen accurate or close-to-accurate Sandtrooper backpacks will be made....?

11169949_10152745266267344_4498026137256364902_n.jpg

Bob....$229.99 ?

Since Spacetrooper is $219.99...they will be $230

Back