Hot Toys Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HT does what they think will be profitable.If the movie does well, I think that there's a good chance we'll see st least Hal Jordan. As for those who are saying "If it hasn't been announced by now,I doubt we'll get one." Sweeney Todd came out what,4 years ago?

Blame WB. They definitely have dropped the ball left and right on getting their heroes on screen and therefore allowing HT to really shine on them. Strangely enough for having all the heroes in house like WB has had for decades there hasn't been much crossover.

No kidding! The WB studio execs couldn't find their asses with two hands and an ass map.

Hope GL turns out well, or at least that it isn't a trainwreck like Superman Returns (and promptly leaves again).

As for those who are saying "If it hasn't been announced by now,I doubt we'll get one." Sweeney Todd came out what,4 years ago?

Yes, but the fig is the result of a licensing agreement with Johnny Depp, no?
HT's wasting their effort on lousy licenses like Sucker Punch suggests that GL won't be getting the 1:6 treatment soon.
Maybe for the sequel . . . :dunno

What's to say that HT won't get a Ryan Reynolds lisence agreement? Hannibal King, Deadpool, Green Lantern.

and if one wants the suit to light up, that may be giving the problems right there. HT hasn't made the TRON Legacy Light up suits, so possibly they're struggling with that technology? but for no lightup feature, the GL suit should be pretty easy and nothing out of the ordinary for HT to do. just a rubber suit and there you go

I can see his suit having some light up feature throughout his body. But I would die if they made a sinestro... :O

*sigh* Cmon guys just look at this CGI costume!

GLcostume.jpg

It's imposible to make in action 1/6 scale.
HT still haven't announced any decent TRON action figure and you already want even more complex 1/6 from them.

Why would you think it's impossible to make? Will need a damn good sculpt job but nothing is impossible about it, I would say the Iron Man figs are a lot more complex than this

*sigh* Cmon guys just look at this CGI costume!

GLcostume.jpg

It's imposible to make in action 1/6 scale.
HT still haven't announced any decent TRON action figure and you already want even more complex 1/6 from them.

The only way they could/would pull this off would be a uniquely sculpted and painted "muscle" body. Given GL'd be a one-shot, add in the less than stellar character appeal, I doubt it would be a profitable endeavor. Accessory-wise, all I can see is maybe an extra set of plain hands, shoes w/socks, a uniform and non-GL headsculpt (all to hide the sculpted/painted body). Though I suppose they could toss in a green 1:1 kid's flashlight or maybe a Playschool green blender as an accessory. :p

I think to pull this off they would have to make it into a full rubber body, like Leonidas. Anything else would have really ugly joints because there wouldn't be anyway to hide them. If they went the plastic route with cut joints it wouldn't be anymore special then the DC figures other then the possibility of a really good head sculpt. At least with Tron they can do a combination of plastic, rubber and fabric. I'll bet HT isn't doing this because they don't know how to do it right.

It all depends on how the movie does - if it is a hit then you can bet your life HT will make one, one-off body or not

Avatar did well and made two billion, they annouced the license and two years later still nothing, meanwhile prince of persai and Clash of the titans get preview pics and things before the movie came out so It doesnt matter how well the movie does.

Avatar did well and made two billion, they annouced the license and two years later still nothing, meanwhile prince of persai and Clash of the titans get preview pics and things before the movie came out so It doesnt matter how well the movie does.

Good point... but I still think we'll see those Avatar figures eventually.

Anyway, it would be a tragedy if HT didn't make this! Will have to commission a crazy custom project if that happens... :gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back