Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. Had a small light mark on the left knee, but after rubbing it a little it's satisfactory for me. Now I'm debating whether or not I need another with the emperor.

Here's him with and without flash.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
28ce9511c1a7e6c00ca0e9284dd17969.jpg
a696531cc2b79383cba552defde6f554.jpg
ac888b8e4653b6cdcce835fb3f043c68.jpg
4998551e7bfd10490195043ddc413b32.jpg

Ordered two from BBTS, one is good, one has two spots. I'm hoping they'll be cool about the exchange.

20180921_210849.jpg

Still amazing how they are able to **** up release of simple figure as is this.

Still amazing how they are able to **** up release of simple figure as is this.
I don't know man. I mean, even those ppl that hand make only 20 or so of a figure, there's still some imperfections. These are massed produced figures. But even if they weren't, they still wouldn't be completely perfect. I can only imagine how much one of these figures would cost if a little more time was put into inspecting them.

Even the snags and dye/etc. marks are going to pop up from time to time. I've seen $800 figures that I wouldn't consider acceptable even if they were at a $200 price point. But unfortunately, that's just how it is with anything like this. And of course with the spots on the robe due to the bent knee/clam shell..no one could have predicted that. At least I've never heard of something like that ever happening. I do wish all 1/6 figures came packed in cut out foam.

Even something as basic as how Redman Toys packs their figures would probably be better. Figure is placed and foam, accessories get put in baggies and another layer of foam placed on top of everything. I'm kinda back peddling now lol - cause I think QC is better with those $135/180 figures. So yeah, Hot Toys should hold their standards to at least or higher than a 3rd party company.

The thing that frustrates me most about HT is that they refuse to accept that some of their figures have qc issues and there is no communication between its customers and them. They also don’t seem to look into the issues and this is left up to us to experiment with them. I think we would all respect them more if you contacted them and they responded with a reply and tried to help resolve these issues. If they issued a statement that said we are sorry to hear that your guard turned up and there was a white mark on his knee but if you iron it, it should come out if not we will send you a replacement. I would have much more faith in this company. If they want to be a high end company providing high end figures then surely they should provide a high end customer service…🤔

They have addressed some issues but not directly to the public to my knowledge. There was mass outcry about the hands on deadpool 1 scuffing and tearing the sleeves on the first run released in Hong Kong. They subsequently and quietly redesigned it and fixed the issue.

I’ve seen several instances of this and I’ve never had a problem with an exchange or replacement when dealing through their distributors. That to me is an extension of their customer service arm.

Plus if they issued a world wide statement that their products could have issues during transit their sales would plummet. I’m sure they would rather get it in your hands first and deal with the backlash quietly if there are issues later.

Not excusing their business practices but I do understand their perspective.

Simplest figures are often the hardest, especially with a perfectly smooth, clean outfit like Tarkin or the Guard. Its just this open expanse to see spots or stitching or wrinkles or any other imperfections.

They likely won't make a figure like this again now.

Strangely, of the eight Praetorian Guards that sold, no issues with spots. Or maybe people just don't care so much with those.

Simplest figures are often the hardest, especially with a perfectly smooth, clean outfit like Tarkin or the Guard. Its just this open expanse to see spots or stitching or wrinkles or any other imperfections.

They likely won't make a figure like this again now.

Strangely, of the eight Praetorian Guards that sold, no issues with spots. Or maybe people just don't care so much with those.

Or maybe people just don't care so much for those.

Ordered two from BBTS, one is good, one has two spots. I'm hoping they'll be cool about the exchange.

View attachment 427516

Well, it´s something like mine.

20180922_140443.jpg

I wont exchenge it, because, in moments like this, I say to myself: "maybe the new one will be worst!!!"
And reading this thread... I have no doubts!!!

So, this is my "solution", posing the robe.

20180921_032049.jpg

20180921_032041.jpg

20180921_032056.jpg

If it was a spot that tiny where I have to zoom in on a picture to barely see it I wouldn’t even care. Chalk it up to the Guard has been wearing it a while and it’s gotten dirty.

Received my 2 from Timcent88 both had spots, ironed one tonight and the worst spot seems to be gone/blended back in. I've changed the photos to grey scale as it really shows the spot in all it's glory.
bb7e5a4fdb9c14f77cc7ac22f312e958.jpg
89dab796376cdf793df0ed3938a7fd7f.jpg
2f40ad6364d24e02cc79d1164733e2bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I guess I could see more if there were multiple spots or larger more obvious ones but truthfully if mine have spots like that I won’t care that much.

So what's the best method to get rid of stains so far? Water treatment? Ironing?

I have two of these on the way and hoping for the best with quality control.

I recently exchanged (different line I know, but experience is relevant) a PX Mezco AK blue version, I didn’t like the creases in the cap from packaging and thought it warranted an exchange, which supplier kindly obliged - well the replacement, which was new, had a cape with even more distortion, as well as a gap in the cowl over the trapezoid and a very loose right arm shoulder joint.

I was better off keeping the first one is my point. Sometimes the trouble and the result aren’t worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back