Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironed mine and got rid of the spots on both sides. But introduced some small creases on one side/back in the process — was trying to avoid bringing the ironing board out, which wasn’t the best idea.

Now that I know any blemished one can be remedied I’ll have to think long and hard about buying a second. I currently have twos of my other troops (stormie and snowie and still waiting on that second sandie).

Now that I know any blemished one can be remedied I’ll have to think long and hard about buying a second. I currently have twos of my other troops (stormie and snowie and still waiting on that second sandie).
Just curious why you would have to think hard about buying another, if you know any issues can be fixed by ironing? lol maybe something got lost in translation, just didn't understand that.

While undecided on what version of the Emperor i should go for i snapped a few shots of the guards with Sideshow versions of Vader, Emperor and Piett.

P1040660.JPG

P1040662.JPG

P1040663.JPG

P1040666.JPG

Just curious why you would have to think hard about buying another, if you know any issues can be fixed by ironing? lol maybe something got lost in translation, just didn't understand that.

$200, space, having to spend 20 minutes ironing the clothes on a brand new figure. You know, the usual reasons.

I got my pair in from BBTS last friday. I think they both have something on the knee, one slightly more than the other, but once I have them standing I can't notice without knowing it. So I'm fine with them and am not going to risk a return.

i read no head in there but is the visor clear plastic at all? or is it just pained on helmet?

My guard arrived today, all good my end...no pile crush on the fabric robe.

IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0901.jpg

Just wanted to share a little information here. So after I ironed the spots out and then was contacted by Sideshow I'd be receiving a replacement robe, I put the figure back in the box. It was delicately placed back in and laying upright. I went to look at the figure today and there was a new HUGE spot on it where the fabric was touching the clamshell. So it's interesting that it had nothing to do with being upside down, a bent knee or weight of other figures on top of it. So just wanted to share that info. If the robe comes in contact with that clear plastic, it's gonna leave an imprint. So yeah, if you're gonna store it in the box, use a piece of cloth or something as a barrier.

Back