Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1f041f2803a6d9d9dbedceee0755d913.jpg

After a quick iron the 3 marks mine had have gone and the robe drapes much better now the creases have gone.

Great photo (clean and clear) and Spot-gate solved !! Post of the day ! :lol

This is good news. Did you use water/steam or just ironed it dry?

Yes, also ironed from the back side or front with a light towel between or something ?

I mean if it is material crush, then this all makes sense getting the material fibres in the right orientation again. Whether you use a bit of water, heat/steam or light rubbing.

Yes, also ironed from the back side or front with a light towel between or something ?

I mean if it is material crush, then this all makes sense getting the material fibres in the right orientation again. Whether you use a bit of water, heat/steam or light rubbing.

Thanks good to know

Water treatment and ironing on mine as well (inside out to avoid marks or discoloration). Only one of my two guards came with a slight wear spot but going thru both operations helped getting rid of it.

P1040659.JPG
P1040660.JPG
P1040648.JPG
P1040637.JPG
P1040656.JPG

Anyone who bought from a European based seller have an arrival date on these guys?
I don't want to pester my seller with questions anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ok forget about the damn spots. this is one GD sexy figure. why, under Gods hot sun, did it take this long to get one of these made?

this thing has a shelf presence like no other. WTF toy maker people?? Get your sh$t together.

brabus111282;9903690 After a quick iron the 3 marks mine had have gone and the robe drapes much better now the creases have gone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
Finally tried this and fabric is now spot free :yess:

1f041f2803a6d9d9dbedceee0755d913.jpg

After a quick iron the 3 marks mine had have gone and the robe drapes much better now the creases have gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Then a bit of steaming could help as well. Even if mine will arrive spotless, will definitely steam their cape a bit. Same with Vader. I first did it with Iron Studios Vader, my girl's steamer did a wonderful job on the capes of this statue.

Anyone who bought from a European based seller have an arrival date on these guys?

I'm also waiting for EU distributors to get them in stock, as well as Vader. I let know my distributor about the spot issues and they said will look into it carefully - and I already paid Vader and one of the Guards just to take my mind off of them.

Really not too happy with mine.... Been trying to work it, but this fabric is stubborn.... Here’s a comparison pic with the medicom figure...
IMG_4839.JPG

I'd still be interested to know exactly how Brabus ironed his though. Details can help in these delicate cases.
Hey, can't say how Brabus exactly did it..but I just took a shot, and my three spots are now completely gone. Here's a step-by-step on how I did it:

1). I put my iron on medium/low cotton heat
2). Put some distilled water in it (filled
almost to the top line)
3). Set the steam setting right in
the middle
4). Placed a soft cotton t-shirt on the
backside of the robe where the spots
were
5). Pressed the iron down and gently moved
it around for a couple of seconds (no
actual steam button pressing)
6). Inspected..and spots are instantly gone

Further info:
I've had the iron for years. It's on the small side, inexpensive and got it from Walmart. Rival is the brand name.

I'd still be interested to know exactly how Brabus ironed his though. Details can help in these delicate cases.

Hi hoody,

Pretty much same as above.

Ironed it on the reverse side with a white cotton shirt over the top ( make sure this COMPLETELY covers the robe ) so two layers of shirt are over robe then gave it a quick steam iron all over except where the folds are under the neck and on the shoulder. The marks have completely gone and it hangs so much better. Gave my jedi luke cloak a quick blast at the same time and that now also looks much better.

Hope that helps

Huge thanks to you guys for the ironing tips. It’s definitely alleviated my concerns for this figure. I have 2 on pre-order from different sellers, so I’ll see what the spot/crease situation is like.[emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

According to two of my regular stops based in Belgium, it looks like the early release in Asia and the US will have no effect on EU availability. As i type, they are still expecting their stock early 2019 at best. Another one based in France doesn't expect anything on that front before spring. Hope that helps.

According to two of my regular stops based in Belgium, it looks like the early release in Asia and the US will have no effect on EU availability. As i type, they are still expecting their stock early 2019 at best. Another one based in France doesn't expect anything on that front before spring. Hope that helps.

I would still guess they will be in stock earlier than expected. Early arrival impact Worldwide.

When Tarkin / Leia / Anakin came out i was given dates 2 - 3 months later than when they arrived in stock.

Tarkin - August (arrived May)
Leia - June (arrived April)
Anakin - Late September ( Arrived start of August)

I think the Guard will be in stock by December based on a 3 / 4 month turnaround from first reveal.

Back