Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are on the way...due here Monday- my luck lately sucks what are the odds that at least one will have a spot...if not both...

Hey, can't say how Brabus exactly did it..but I just took a shot, and my three spots are now completely gone. Here's a step-by-step on how I did it:

1). I put my iron on medium/low cotton heat
2). Put some distilled water in it (filled
almost to the top line)
3). Set the steam setting right in
the middle
4). Placed a soft cotton t-shirt on the
backside of the robe where the spots
were
5). Pressed the iron down and gently moved
it around for a couple of seconds (no
actual steam button pressing)
6). Inspected..and spots are instantly gone

Further info:
I've had the iron for years. It's on the small side, inexpensive and got it from Walmart. Rival is the brand name.

Hi hoody,

Pretty much same as above.

Ironed it on the reverse side with a white cotton shirt over the top ( make sure this COMPLETELY covers the robe ) so two layers of shirt are over robe then gave it a quick steam iron all over except where the folds are under the neck and on the shoulder. The marks have completely gone and it hangs so much better. Gave my jedi luke cloak a quick blast at the same time and that now also looks much better.

Hope that helps

Yep, thanks guys ! Awesome attention to detail Chalor. What colour is your iron ?........just joking :lol

Seems this issue is easily fixed. Gotta love 2018 and online discussion threads (well for the good points associated with them).

I got mine from BBTS just now. One very very faint spot over left knee. you have to really be looking to see it.

Ill try the steam on it and see if it helps. but its very faint.

I may get this as a display option for the wall...would look pretty sweet.

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/product/emperor-throne-room-themed-display-case/

Emperor-Palpatine-Return-of-the-Jedi-Hot-Toys.jpg

Mine are on the way...due here Monday- my luck lately sucks what are the odds that at least one will have a spot...if not both...

I’m sorry... both?

I’ve been looking forward to being extremely jealous of your photos of at least 6 flanking the Emperor.

This is... I have to sit down...

Yep, thanks guys ! Awesome attention to detail Chalor. What colour is your iron ?........just joking :lol

Seems this issue is easily fixed. Gotta love 2018 and online discussion threads (well for the good points associated with them).
No problem. 🤣Yeah....I intentionally went a little over the top, as I'm afflicted with MDD: Meticulous Detail Disease. It's funny cause I was actually going to put what colours the iron was. White with a blue water tank by the way😉lol

Sideshow's actually sending me a replacement robe. So I guess I'll have an extra. But yeah man, I really doubted simply ironing would fix it like magic. Was definitely not going to wash it with soap and water. It's a damn shame that this little trick wasn't addressed right in the beginning. Would have alleviated all of this unnecessary stress for the past several weeks.

Happy to report that the 2 figures I ordered from BBTS are blemish free. Figures appear to be meticulously detailed, although both robes could use some ironing. Now bring on the emperor!

Happy to report that the 2 figures I ordered from BBTS are blemish free. Figures appear to be meticulously detailed, although both robes could use some ironing. Now bring on the emperor!

I resubmitted my order and glad to say bbts shipped out right away. Just couldn’t miss out on this pair. Hoping for blemish free and glad to know remedies work if needed.

OT rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, can't say how Brabus exactly did it..but I just took a shot, and my three spots are now completely gone. Here's a step-by-step on how I did it:

1). I put my iron on medium/low cotton heat
2). Put some distilled water in it (filled
almost to the top line)
3). Set the steam setting right in
the middle
4). Placed a soft cotton t-shirt on the
backside of the robe where the spots
were
5). Pressed the iron down and gently moved
it around for a couple of seconds (no
actual steam button pressing)
6). Inspected..and spots are instantly gone

Further info:
I've had the iron for years. It's on the small side, inexpensive and got it from Walmart. Rival is the brand name.

Thanks a lot for this, gonna give this a try even if mine don't have the spots. Probably going to do this for other fabric cloaks or capes.

Just paid one of the pre-orders off[emoji846]Not sure how long these will take to hit Oz, but I’m happy to see everyone’s pics in the meantime. Keep ‘em coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So..

I got mine from KG Hobby yesterday. Score two more for the spotless team, but one of them was still ****ed up worse than any possible difference in color. It's sewn wrong so it won't hang naturally, instead it bunches up on the side. It's as if there is another seam next to the side seam, but on the inside. :gah:

1.jpg

2.jpg

So..

I got mine from KG Hobby yesterday. Score two more for the spotless team, but one of them was still ****ed up worse than any possible difference in color. It's sewn wrong so it won't hang naturally, instead it bunches up on the side. It's as if there is another seam next to the side seam, but on the inside. :gah:

Can´t be fixed, from the inside?

Can´t be fixed, from the inside?

I would have to cut it open in the back. But I'm not sure it would help, looks to me like they cut the pieces wrong, so when they sewed the pieces together the fabric bunched up. If I stretch it it will look flat from the outside, but it will never stay that way. I thought about trying to press it with an iron to make it flat. Doesn't matter much if there is a crease on the back if it's not showing. But it would most likely result in a hard crease on the front at the seam as well. And it would be difficult to stretch the material and iron it at the same time trying not to burn mine or a helpers fingers.

I have sent a message to KG Hobby, we'll see what they say.

3.jpg

Left is the good one, right is the bad.

4.jpg

Edit: I forgot to check if the seam is in the same place on both the front and back, on the bad one the back and front seam is a centimeter apart as you can see in the pictures.

Back