Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that's exactly the problem, paying for the return postage even though it's not your fault. I guess that's why they do it to scare some people from doing it.

Seems there is the water treatment and ironing treatment as solutions to try. Outlined a few pages back I believe.

I think I'd be trying those very carefully first. Seems to be material crush.

Talked to Steve from Timewalker on the phone. He sounded as frustrated about it as I am. Said they looked at quite a few of them there. He wants pictures from me to send to Sideshow.

Just got a reply from AE and they sent my photos to SS and their response was it is not consider damage. And to “ rub the fabric together” :slap Does that mean they’re not even taking them back from their vendors?
Awesome figure but HT dropped the ball on packaging him.

Just got a reply from AE and they sent my photos to SS and their response was it is not consider damage. And to “ rub the fabric together” :slap Does that mean they’re not even taking them back from their vendors?

This is the part where Sideshow takes a hard line and insists it's normal. 3PO thumbs, Hoth Luke and Han bodies are just a couple examples of this behavior in the past.

11fa4812476a94fbe180a4c8ea1ca59d.jpg

Really loving mine. Can’t wait for the Emperor.

This is exactly how I pictured it, the red really mixes it up !

You don’t have to accept that! Does that mean that everyone who has received a figure without spots on are defective! Can sideshow guarantee you a million percent that by rubbing the fabric together will fix it…

You don’t have to accept that! Does that mean that everyone who has received a figure without spots on are defective! Can sideshow guarantee you a million percent that by rubbing the fabric together will fix it…

Not coming to Sideshows defence. But if it is material crush (I'm thinking like a velvet type material) rubbing it together would help bring it back to normal.

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who got their’s from SS with a worse spot than mine or even multiple spots will have a hard time getting another. Still need to try the ironing trick but after a couple soapy water and steaming sit is half as visible as it was :shrug

This is exactly how I pictured it, the red really mixes it up !

Yes. The red makes it stand out for sure, and the the “on guard” pose. Unfortunate that some are having the stain and wrinkled problems. Mine is actually kinda wrinkled but I will just leave it as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I was saying yesterday - that if it's like Leia Hoth, where it's obvious and the flawed ones are few in number, they'll do the right thing. But if they realize that the flaw turns out to be in the majority of figures, they quickly take a hard line and say "nope - all of them are like that."

My guess is we just reached that point with this figure - that by the end of this week every seller is going to decline to do anything about it because Sideshow has made the "they are all like that" determination.

I think that this is completely unacceptable that’s these very expensive figures are turning up damaged through know fault of our own and the company is doing nothing to address this. If you ordered a new car and the paint work had a patch that didn’t match the rest of the car when you went to pick it up you won’t except it. If you bought a new jacket and there was big stain on the front you would return it. Just because most of the figures have the mark on them doesn’t mean that it’s acceptable at all. They are defective and they need returning. The company has an issue with its shipping process on this figure which is damaging them and that’s is their issue not ours. They need to address this. If you have bought these on your credit card they belong to the credit card company make a complaint to them and they will help to fight for the return. I have had enough of this now and bought to many figure in the past which have fallen apart or are defective and HT just looks the other way and thinks that they don’t have any responsibility for their products.

Well said. If a recall is needed, HT/SS should own up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol to a recall on toys...

:rotfl to comparing cars with $200 toys

I sympathize with wanting my toys pristine too, but come now... everyone wants it perfect out of the box and about 6 weeks later they are tearing their figure apart to "upgrade" and improve it.

My guess is we just reached that point with this figure - that by the end of this week every seller is going to decline to do anything about it because Sideshow has made the "they are all like that" determination.

Pretty much. I’m sure every retailer has gotten some form of complaints on this.

Just wait until Sideshow starts charging interest on their payment plans;)

Then we’ll be complaing about rising interest rates on top of prices hehe

Just got my two pack from Timewalker and sure enough, both have distress marks over the knees. One is worse then the others. I have to agree that some massaging the materials may help. I'd like to know what others are doing with warm soapy water? Does it help? Dont want to return them as i could just get two worse...

View attachment 426622
View attachment 426623
View attachment 426624

I am wondering why they haven't sent out any indication to me about these shipping.... Did you order the emperor as well?

:lol to a recall on toys...

:rotfl to comparing cars with $200 toys

I sympathize with wanting my toys pristine too, but come now... everyone wants it perfect out of the box and about 6 weeks later they are tearing their figure apart to "upgrade" and improve it.

its all relative, thats a nice chunk of change for me and many others, when i spend that much i want wht i get to reflect that.

I debated this for a while but on principle cannot pay 400bucks for two figures that have obvious material flaw due to HT mistake. I saved me and bbts some headache with likely returning them after opening.

I’m disappointed because these are beautiful. But it’s the blasé crap from HT and SS that is really making me frustrated.

Too much money to not be treated well by a vendor. I’m in the service business and we’d get thrown out in two seconds if we pulled this crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back