Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t believe Hot Toys has botched such a basic figure with its packaging design.

Haven’t received mine yet so this may be a dumb question... if you pop the helmet off can the robe be spun 180 degrees so the knee scuffs are at the back?

Or is it cut and gathered to drape a certain way so there is a front and back to it.

I can’t believe Hot Toys has botched such a basic figure with its packaging design.

Haven’t received mine yet so this may be a dumb question... if you pop the helmet off can the robe be spun 180 degrees so the knee scuffs are at the back?

Or is it cut and gathered to drape a certain way so there is a front and back to it.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering but I think the arm-access cut is only on the right side (obviously not a lot of left-handers in the Royal Guard corps) so it can't be reversed - unless you're fine with a leftie guard. It's possible the "cut" of the drape is only on one side though - where the nice sewn-in drape/folds are only on the front side, just flat on the back.

The opening on the robe is on the right side only; so it wouldn't be accurate if spun around. Unfortunately, The Emperor only employed right-handed guards.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering but I think the arm-access cut is only on the right side (obviously not a lot of left-handers in the Royal Guard corps) so it can't be reversed - unless you're fine with a leftie guard. It's possible the "cut" of the drape is only on one side though - where the nice sewn-in drape/folds are only on the front side, just flat on the back.

The opening on the robe is on the right side only; so it wouldn't be accurate if spun around. Unfortunately, The Emperor only employed right-handed guards.

Imperial Leftists!

Figures. I thought it might be open on both sides like the 3.75 figures.

Spots.... spots everywhere! Got my first one from AE today and looks like I have a cluster of spots on the left side of the figure. Going to try and get some better pix tomorrow and see if AE can do anything.

598ccf19645f1b4eef715c1745ec5d11.jpg

3015bc21419e360edd1220584e99bd86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feels like more than half of the figures so far have the scuffs or whatever they are. :slap

This is approaching Sideshow deluxe Vader territory. Every other HT figure with a robe, cape or coat that I have had a separate package or like Vader had the cape tucked behind the plastic tray. Jedi Luke had plastic protection ****ing everywhere and the robe was in a separate plastic below.

Edit: Just realized that the DX Joker didn't but it wasn't packaged like this anyway so..

Has anyone bought from Timcent and did they have the mark on the knee. i want to buy two but I know my luck they will both have the mark on them.

This big red figure certainly POPS! on the shelf. My eyes can't see anything else now. :lol

Same here wor. My wife actually noticed them and asked if they were new. Mine were spot free, so I am loving these. Just a simple but perfectly executed figure. I’m on the fence about 2 more, as after this I don’t have much left on preorder.

Has anyone bought from Timcent and did they have the mark on the knee. i want to buy two but I know my luck they will both have the mark on them.

I did, should get him today. I’ll let you know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what Timcent told me "my friend, that's the packaging problem. the plastic is too close to the cloak and left marks on it. unavoidable. i've checked most of them, it's nearly impossible to find one without marks"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is what Timcent told me "my friend, that's the packaging problem. the plastic is too close to the cloak and left marks on it. unavoidable. i've checked most of them, it's nearly impossible to find one without marks"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

original.gif

^ hmmmm thanks for that.. I'm thinking now of ordering from the UK that way if they arrive with the marks on the cape it's not going to cost me a fortune to return it to back HK and by the sound of things their not taking them back either....

Hopefully Europe might get a V2 with the cloak folded or even an extra bit of plastic put over it to stop it rubbing

Back