Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a face behind the visor?

The Royal guard is one of the few Imperials where you can at times actually see parts of a face visible onscreen behind the visor.

I assume HT did it, as even Hasbro did it:

4907162400199900561.jpg

I know there are alot of HT fans here, and even apologists...

But on a figure where 90% of it is a red cape, they should not have any stains or abnormalities on it......

Especially at this price...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

agreed but we have only seen one with the prob yeah? we arent at the the sky is falling level of panic yet. no?

Isn't this Hot Toys QC? I don't know how HT would handle a massive replacement. SS sent out non-stained replacement Huntress capes, so maybe it would be a similar situation. This is one of those things that can't be unseen, especially if you have two or more. I really hope this is not going to be an issue throughout the entire run.

I was replying to a comment about SS (someone saying SS would open all the figures and check before sending them to customers)

agreed but we have only seen one with the prob yeah? we arent at the the sky is falling level of panic yet. no?

Come on, it wouldn't be a sixth scale figure release without overblown panic based on anecdotal evidence now would it?

Is there a face behind the visor?

The Royal guard is one of the few Imperials where you can at times actually see parts of a face visible onscreen behind the visor.

I assume HT did it, as even Hasbro did it:

4907162400199900561.jpg
Absolutely not! lol but you knew the answer to that. I was thinking the same thing the other day as I had the Hasbro Guard - on display no less with my modern day collection. But knew that the visor would be 'too dark' on the HT one to show any eyes behind it. Plus, they'd consider that a partial reveal. Might have hiked the price up to $240.

As I posted a picture few days ago, I had the same exact stain on both of my 2 guards and the "ToysTV" guys have the same stain at the same exact spot so it seems like a manufactoring issue to me, not a random issue.
I am pretty indulgent for issues on figures usually, especially if it's in the back of the figure etc..., but the Guards are straightforward figures so can't accept that this time and it is quite noticeable. Especially for +200$ figures...
I sent them back to ToySapiens so I hope that they will accept a replacement...and send me 2 guards that don't have the same issue.

Absolutely not! lol but you knew the answer to that. I was thinking the same thing the other day as I had the Hasbro Guard - on display no less with my modern day collection. But knew that the visor would be 'too dark' on the HT one to show any eyes behind it. Plus, they'd consider that a partial reveal. Might have hiked the price up to $240.

It's a minor point I guess, but an unfortunate thing because you really can see part of a face in many of the pics (unlike Imperials even with very large visors like Biker Scout, where you really can't see any face.)

Would have given a pretty basic figure that extra level of detail and also better sold the idea that the visor is actually a tinted dark red color, not black as it appears from a distance.

RKvF5uN.png

This stain better not be the new Hoth Pocks.

I was lucky with my Hoth Leia not having those weird ink dots. Not lucky enough for the guards unfortunately T_T
It looks like a drop of some liquid on the same exact spot :/

I`m hoping to get this guy soon he will go well with this other awesome version I got some time last year. and here is another shot of him with the Hasbro version (place holder) until the hot toys version comes in.

Emperor & royal Guard.jpg
emperors royal guards.jpg

Got mine from sideshow today and thankfully there was no stain!

Now I wait the thousand years for the second one to be in stock at popcultcha...

royalguard.jpg

Got mine from sideshow today and thankfully there was no stain!

Now I wait the thousand years for the second one to be in stock at popcultcha...

View attachment 425233

Congrats on the stain-free RG! I have one pre-ordered at PC and one at SciFi Toys. The latter has had the Jedi Luke in for a couple of weeks and I'm still waiting for him to turn up at PC, so we'll see who gets the stock in first:slap

Hi, maybe this has already been answered but how and how did happen that the Royal Guards have been released both in HK and SSC at the same time? It never happens..or am I wrong?
[emoji1317]

Hi, maybe this has already been answered but how and how did happen that the Royal Guards have been released both in HK and SSC at the same time? It never happens..or am I wrong?
[emoji1317]

Same happened with ESB Vader last week. Could be a new release methodology they are trying.

Wow, could it be a new trend? It would be very interesting for us in Europe because the HK prices would have no more reason to be so high on release date...[emoji57]

Looks great, but this has literally got to be the simplest HT Star Wars figure ever. No human head; just a simple helmet, simple weapon and cloak.

Back