Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, could it be a new trend? It would be very interesting for us in Europe because the HK prices would have no more reason to be so high on release date...[emoji57]

I was hoping that too, but the HK prices for both ESB Vader and the Guards were similar to previous releases vs SSC prices. Still works out better (albeit marginally these days) for me to order from HK rather than SSC, but that may change if this trend continues, since at least you get reward points(=$) when ordering from SSC.

Lots of toy smuggling Friday! 2 royal guards and esb fett on the same day. I’ll worry about the stain all week.
Wife: what’s wrong, you look like something is really bothering you?
Me: nothing, I’m fine (please don’t let $400 dolls have a stain)

Lots of toy smuggling Friday! 2 royal guards and esb fett on the same day. I’ll worry about the stain all week.
Wife: what’s wrong, you look like something is really bothering you?
Me: nothing, I’m fine (please don’t let $400 dolls have a stain)

LOL! I was feeling the same last week after ordering mine and then hearing about stain-gate!!

Already talked to my retailer, and they said will definitely take a look, to be sure there are no stains on the figures.

If mine have a stain
They are going back, I don’t care what bs they offer at sideshow. I’ll make them send me 10 royal guards until they are stain free. Absolutely no reason for stains on such a simple figure

I received both of my Royal Guards yesterday. both of them are stained (or perhaps it is the opposite of stained... spots void of color?).

This is not good
Hoth leia all over again
I’ll never forget the look on my wife’s face is I used a cotton swab to delicately clean my princess doll
She must have very low standards

It's a minor point I guess, but an unfortunate thing because you really can see part of a face in many of the pics (unlike Imperials even with very large visors like Biker Scout, where you really can't see any face.)

Would have given a pretty basic figure that extra level of detail and also better sold the idea that the visor is actually a tinted dark red color, not black as it appears from a distance.

RKvF5uN.png

A good opportunity for someone to offer custom semi-reveal helmets. I'd probably pick them up.

has anyone heard from timewalker toys about if they "will" inspect these guards before shipping? I ordered two with the emperor when they had that "deal". This is really bogus, wtf HT!

Back