Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Royal Guard

I love the look of the royal guards. Even as a kid, I also thought the figure having a cloth cloak was awesome. But one thing that always confused me is why does the emperor need guards. He's very powerful and can handle his own.

The point of the guards was to further make it seem like he needed guards. Remember no one knew he was a sith.

The only force user left was supposedly Vader. Otherwise why would Moffi disrespect the force? "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes."

He fooled everybody!

You're only cool if you have guards.

Emperor should have kept them around... as he was clearly no match for being lifted up, walked slowly over to a bottomless pit, and tossed down inside. Real tough cookie.

The point of the guards was to further make it seem like he needed guards. Remember no one knew he was a sith.

The only force user left was supposedly Vader. Otherwise why would Moffi disrespect the force? "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes."

He fooled everybody!

This:lecture The Emperor liked the fake weakness to conceal his power. One of the reasons he walked with a cane in ROTJ, not because he actually needed it. He told Luke he was unarmed and defensless which of course was a lie.

This:lecture The Emperor liked the fake weakness to conceal his power. One of the reasons he walked with a cane in ROTJ, not because he actually needed it. He told Luke he was unarmed and defensless which of course was a lie.

And he mirrors Yoda, who was also powerful but looked weak (and walked with a cane).

But Palps just got lifted up and tossed away. That's about as weak as weak can be. Almost Boba Fett weak.

Maybe he was just drained after using force lightning on Luke like 20 times. Anyway it always seemed like his main power was controlling Vader.

Yeah but he was shocking the crap out of Vader while he was being lifted. Probably hoped he'd drop him before he got to the rail. I always thought that palpatine's biggest weakness, which was his demise, was overestimating loyalty in others. Vader' betrayal caught him completely by surprise.

Hot Toys: Royal Guard

Two of these guys behind Vader would look terrific for sure. Emperor as well obviously. Whether I get one(or two) or not will depend on price and what else I have on PO at the time. This looks great though.

More pics by Rebelscum and Toyark:
e6b10d15d53a39d5b9996f63e8dba9b6.jpg

33121d646c3da32e8b9b8483270659ac.jpg

2d71baa1621c686b7eaa5822e644fb38.jpg

134f1d6cef3b94564e4bf04d47d549bc.jpeg

Hot Toys: Royal Guard

Finally some decent pics showing Emperor and Guard together. Looking great !! So bought ! Look at that Red !

0edaa6cbef899463f73f50da1754d2bb.jpg

Two Royal Guards posed looking towards each other, one on the left side of the shelf, the other on the right, with Vader and Emperor looking forward, posed towards the front of the of the shelf. Think of RotJ after Empi exits the shuttle...

109f4d2f264599d068a0284a6b9d4930.jpg

(Couldn't find a pic showing both sides...)

Back