1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does TBA offer free shipping (with DHL, customs officers handle regular packages like illegal refugees))?
Does it offer payment plan?
Does it offer reward points?

Had multiple packages using the free shipping method with TBA, no issues at all.
You can put down a 20% deposit, then just save up the cost, you have like a 2 year wait these days anyway, it?s no different.
No, it doesn?t offer reward points, but Sideshow rewards aren?t even worth it. You need to buy like 20 figures before you can afford one with rewards, it isn?t that great.

As I've said, shipping is the part that concerns me most. I trust the seller and the carrier, but don't trust customs here. They are treating the packages as their enemy. And, I don't use SSC reward points to get free figure, but to lower the amount per figure thus compensate customs tax.

[...] I sold my ss for over $300 a while back, so a second Cody is technically free. Decisions decisions. Hopefully it releases early in the week.

I read that as "I sold my @ss for over $300 a while back" :rotfl

I didn't know whether to be impressed or feel bad for you.

Besides, I thought you were gonna sell your wife. :lecture

I read that as "I sold my @ss for over $300 a while back" :rotfl

I didn't know whether to be impressed or feel bad for you.

Besides, I thought you were gonna sell your wife. :lecture

If anyone wants to buy my @ss for $300 it?s for sale! The wife is for sale as well.
Stinks no Cody today, but why give us two weeks in a row of Star Wars?

If anyone wants to buy my @ss for $300 it?s for sale! The wife is for sale as well.
Stinks no Cody today, but why give us two weeks in a row of Star Wars?

There are MISB jokes somewhere in there. But I won't do it.

Love that Cody head-sculpt. The armour looks cool but installing blinders on the helmets (starting with Scouts in ROTJ) always bugs me. :lol

The armour looks cool but installing blinders on the helmets (starting with Scouts in ROTJ) always bugs me. :lol

Well, if it helps, where their eyes are in the helmet, they won't see the blinders anyway.
The actual eye holes are just sensor ports, much like the eye holes on an iron man helmet. They should have full POV in the lid much like the system IM uses. If they could *only* see what the eyes holes could, they'd hardly be able to see anything, lol.
I think the "cap"/Blinders used on the scouts, and Cody's helmets are a nice touch, visually, and could work well on other troopers to change up their look.
I did one on my Patrol trooper when i got that guy in. It's a nice change.

Its SW functionality is irrelevant it just has to look cool I could care less if a clone trooper can see thru his visor like a real human soldier can.

AtAt is the worst military invention ever who cares it is awesome and iconic.

Tie fighter pilots have no peripheral vision who cares it is awesome and iconic.

Lightsabers could accidentally ignite and cut off your legs who cares they are awesome and iconic.

I can go on forever.

If your main thing is realism watch NASA documentaries.

Its SW functionality is irrelevant it just has to look cool I could care less if a clone trooper can see thru his visor like a real human soldier can.

Tie fighter pilots have no peripheral vision who cares it is awesome and iconic.

Lightsabers could accidentally ignite and cut off your legs who cares they are awesome and iconic.

I can go on forever.

Haha yeah totally. What always gets me is the space battles where there are always just the one front like a WW1 battlefield, when they are effectively in 3D space. Add to that jump technology to jump away, then jump back behind the enemy etc. :lol

But yes you can go on an on if you stop to think even for a moment, but I guess they have to make it work somehow.

Well, if it helps, where their eyes are in the helmet, they won't see the blinders anyway.
The actual eye holes are just sensor ports, much like the eye holes on an iron man helmet. They should have full POV in the lid much like the system IM uses. If they could *only* see what the eyes holes could, they'd hardly be able to see anything, lol.
I think the "cap"/Blinders used on the scouts, and Cody's helmets are a nice touch, visually, and could work well on other troopers to change up their look.
I did one on my Patrol trooper when i got that guy in. It's a nice change.

Yeah, I've always figured it was something hand-wave-y like that. This is a civilization that has ubiquitous anti-gravity and FTL travel, amongst other things.

I can go on forever.

That's the funny thing about Star Wars. To enjoy it, you totally suspend disbelief, but sometimes there's that one thing that doesn't quite pass. It bothers me much less on Scouts than it does on Clones, and I'm sure it's because I prefer the media they're in. :lol

Haha yeah totally. What always gets me is the space battles where there are always just the one front like a WW1 battlefield, when they are effectively in 3D space. Add to that jump technology to jump away, then jump back behind the enemy etc. :lol

But yes you can go on an on if you stop to think even for a moment, but I guess they have to make it work somehow.

They make it *so much fun* that it doesn't matter. Which is why story is so important to make these films and television shows work.

It's always fun to compare fantasy designs with realism. Not.

I've been doing that since 1977. :banana

Holdup, you mean to tell me that star wars tech wouldn’t work in the real world? I’ve been living a lie.:panic:

Yeah, I've always figured it was something hand-wave-y like that. This is a civilization that has ubiquitous anti-gravity and FTL travel, amongst other things.

Yeah. It's canon now about Vader's "screen like" eye pieces in his helmet, so it's easy to imagine that the troopers all had a similar system.
At least that's what i like to imagine.

Been ages now, people keep saying he will release next. Hopefully this coming week :)

Space horses on Star Destroyers is still logical though, right?

Back