1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that he is the coolest looking of the entire clone army i?m just shocked that he is still available for purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that he is the coolest looking of the entire clone army i?m just shocked that he is still available for purchase.

99% of HT figures don't sell out before Sideshow starts shipping anymore. I can't even remember the last time it happened.

I think in general pre-orders don’t really sell out. The only exceptions might be some of the exclusives.

99% of HT figures don't sell out before Sideshow starts shipping anymore. I can't even remember the last time it happened.

Why you dissing cody this way he owned the 1/6 show floor at both SDCC 19 and NYCC 19.

Well I for one am glad he is still available because I just bought him 2 days ago now where is he I waited long enough lol

Hell I just may even buy the sideshow Luke tomorrow just to celebrate May the 4th that one is still available like forever lol

Last edited:
Why you dissing cody this way he owned the 1/6 show floor at both SDCC 19 and NYCC 19.

Well I for one am glad he is still available because I just bought him 2 days ago now where is he I waited long enough lol

Hell I just may even buy the sideshow Luke tomorrow just to celebrate May the 4th that one is still available like forever lol

No diss, just the facts. Even the most popular stuff doesn't sell out. I assume because they make certain number over what is preordered based on expected popularity of the figure in question.

I still preorder most stuff just to get it over with and I have also preordered Cody. I think Sideshow seems to ship orders first to people with a lot of preorders. No real evidence but I seem to always get in on the first wave. I split my orders between Sideshow and Timewalker depending on whether or not I have patience to wait.

No diss, just the facts. Even the most popular stuff doesn't sell out. I assume because they make certain number over what is preordered based on expected popularity of the figure in question.

I still preorder most stuff just to get it over with and I have also preordered Cody. I think Sideshow seems to ship orders first to people with a lot of preorders. No real evidence but I seem to always get in on the first wave. I split my orders between Sideshow and Timewalker depending on whether or not I have patience to wait.

I always wondered if their contest winners were the heavy spenders at least it should be I would be pissed if I didn?t win one figure in 12 months and I spent over 100 grand there lol

Cody is by far the coolest looking CW Trooper. Literally a year before I started collecting, I bought the Sideshow version of Cody for my best buddy, for his 40th birthday. I always regretted not getting one for myself. So I?m really looking forward to this release.

If ever there were a time to put the Airborne and 212th Trooper up for p/o it'd be tomorrow for May 4th. They could really capitalise on the Clone Wars last episode hype, especially with it directly tying into ROTS. Surely this is a no-brainer for Hot Toys.

If ever there were a time to put the Airborne and 212th Trooper up for p/o it'd be tomorrow for May 4th. They could really capitalise on the Clone Wars last episode hype, especially with it directly tying into ROTS. Surely this is a no-brainer for Hot Toys.

You are 100% spot on hell make that 101% lol

Also never under estimate the power of spontaneous impulse purchases.

You buy Cody then they put up the airborne that is shown next to him it would be hard to resist for some fans to not buy the next cool looking figure even if it has to go on a credit card.

Buy now, regret later lol

Last edited:
I am considering selling my Sideshow Cody to fund purchasing the HT version... Hard decisions... Anyone want SS Cody for less then ebay? :date:

Had a passing interest for this figure last year that is now growing steadily with the announcement of Rex..

Both figures being up for pre-order is giving me nostalgia of the golden days of SSC 1/6 circa 2010 when I had to save up for $125 clone figures with my meager student allowance. :lol

I am considering selling my Sideshow Cody to fund purchasing the HT version... Hard decisions... Anyone want SS Cody for less then ebay? :date:

Is he worth anything at this point? I still have mine and was thinking of having the ss in the order 66 pose and the hot toys displayed with the sculpt. If he goes for a decent amount, maybe I?ll sell. Time to check eBay.

Im just going to turn my sideshow into the clone wars version then the hot toys one will be the Rots version

The HT Cody only comes with his Phase II helmet, as does Rex. If I decide to get him once he's released and there are some good in hand images an comparisons to the SS version, I'll simply change his bucket to the Phase I version and put him next to my SS Phase I Rex. Unlike Rex, Cody's armor didn't really change from Phase I to II. Then I'll worry about it when HT decides to release Phase I versions of Cody & Rex...:(

I'm really looking forward to movie versions of Phase I and Phase II clones. I never bought regulars from SS. I only have a 501st Clone Trooper, Commander Cody, both Rex's and Ganch. Couldn't decide on the shiny or veteran deluxe SS versions, and then ultimately missed out.

Surprised the ss still goes for over $200, it looks like. Might sell my exclusive to fund the hot toys.

I traded my SS many moons ago. I have not regret my decision. I don't think I'll pick up again but HT did a great Proto job so far

Back