Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo1126
How’s the ordering process? Do they charge the total when you Preordered or is there a down payment?

Neither they don’t charge you at all until right before it’s ready to ship. And better yet you can use PayPal but unlike a lot of stores that charge you when you use PayPal as soon as you place your order, they send you an invoice right before it’s ships for you to pay via PayPal. I chose that option because when they ship a year from now, I can pay using my PayPal credit and get 6 months same as cash, so it’s like a payment plan.

They charge when the item arrives. I choose PayPal invoice for my orders. Never any sudden surprises.
No down payment until it's ready to ship. This is from the Palpatine with Throne order terms:

There was nothing stated in the product ordering page that stated otherwise btw:
https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Empe...ion-Star-Wars-Retur-p/hty-903110.htm?CartID=1
Neither they don’t charge you at all until right before it’s ready to ship. And better yet you can use PayPal but unlike a lot of stores that charge you when you use PayPal as soon as you place your order, they send you an invoice right before it’s ships for you to pay via PayPal. I chose that option because when they ship a year from now, I can pay using my PayPal credit and get 6 months same as cash, so it’s like a payment plan.

Good to know! May just get my Guards from them :)

Great figure! Of only they could have thrown a 'relaxed' sculpt... Anyway my money goes to OT and maybe PT figures.... I decided to to boycott with my money TLJ figures....

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

A small video preview.

It’s not very clear due to the glass, but here it almost seems like the same sculpt we saw before. Perhaps it’s improved that much with the proper lighting?

Sooo did anyone like last Jedi? Lol

:lol

Sooo did anyone like last Jedi? Lol

True story:

I wanted to see this over Christmas break in Park City. No one wanted to go with me.

Then I caught a few you tube videos with Mark Hamill panning his character and then I didn't want to go. :lol

Because SS is a distributor and shouldn't undercut the MSRP because they make money on all sales from who they distrubte to and don't need to undercut everyone else who's selling them. I'm sure there's plenty of margin with these figures that $15 won't do much. I was browsing Timewalker and they're selling Sideshow's own items for less than SS is.

All retail stores used to sell HT items for 10-15% less once upon a time (several years ago).... before Sideshow crushed opposition and forced retailers to join their pricing. Timewalker is the first US retailer in a long time to challenge SS again.

I hope they get lots of business.

All retail stores used to sell HT items for 10-15% less once upon a time (several years ago).... before Sideshow crushed opposition and forced retailers to join their pricing. Timewalker is the first US retailer in a long time to challenge SS again.

I hope they get lots of business.

I'm planning on picking up Ecto-1 from them just because of how well they handled the Ghostbusters set.

What is Timewalker’s policy regarding pre-order cancelations? I don’t want to be locked in to a pre-order in the event I can find a good deal from HK.

Looks rather good... The face looks really white but in the SS page it looks more "weathered" or at least some shadowing has been done, if that's the right word.

What is Timewalker’s policy regarding pre-order cancelations? I don’t want to be locked in to a pre-order in the event I can find a good deal from HK.

Well, honestly , if your going to ask a small business retailer to order a product just so you can drop them in favor of another , you should probably not order from them in the first place.

I did cancel on order from them, way before the release date because I didn’t like the sculpt final.

They cancelled it no problem....

But this is the kind of thing that turns a good small business bad.....

Out of the 6 figures I have gotten from them , (10 if you count the BW Ghostbusters as 4) I only cancelled one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks fabulous and so glad they sorted the likeness. Just don't know if I can justify having it twice already owning the Sideshow original even if this set will destroys it.
Sentimental value and all that plus the wife seeing x2 Papa Palp's + thrones might be a bit much even for her. Hmmmm. :gah:

under 300 at timewalkertoys and free ship heck yeah

Are you sure? TW states items OVER $350 include free shipping. FYI, BBTS is 318 shipped.

BTW, xip, to cancel with TW, you need to contact CS but there is no cancellation option on the PO page.

Last edited:
Well, honestly , if your going to ask a small business retailer to order a product just so you can drop them in favor of another , you should probably not order from them in the first place.

I'm going to have to agree with xipotec. The very meaning of a pre-order is that you are locked in for an order, and will pay when it comes in. It doesn't help ANY retailer when you cancel an order. They still have to bring in all of the inventory they order, no matter how many cancellations they receive.

Also, the Emperor is free shipping eligible, meaning it is only free when combined with other orders. He doesn't ship free on his own, because he is under the $350 requirement, described in the terms. So just grab one Guard and they both ship for free. That already is a huge savings over Sideshow. Plus the pre-order discounts.

Back