Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the idea of a HT Palps, but as others said, not as immediately blown away as I was with RotJ Luke. The prototype seems to be going more the puffy faced Sith version, than the more craggy, gaunt Jedi version, but obviously, things can change.

I shall watch the progression of this figure with great interest.

20292919_488876564785139_6342547635804878720_n.jpg

Yeah, we really need some pics of the headsculpt on this fig.

Really haven't been too excited with what's been visible so far - but it's mostly been heavily shadowed or blurry/distant, so impossible to make much of a judgement.

Grin looks a bit goofy. And eyes need some more redness i think. But certainly doesn't look anywhere near finished. So still time to fix those small points i hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sculpt is bad. Looks like nothing from the movie. He looks like Skeletor to be honest. Disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes I hope they improve the sculpt because honestly this is the first HT SW figure that's disappointed me. Trying to be positive and say the angle we see the sculpt at in those pics is not an angle we see him in the movie but it definitely needs work.

This has got to be Hot Toys worst sculpt, EVER!!!

Majorly regretting selling off my Sideshow Exclusive Version now! The snarling headsculpt on that was pretty awesome.

This is beyond a disappointment!

I hope that's not the final sculpt. It really does need some work. Looks off somehow.

Guess we know now why they covered his face at SDCC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think is intense , because they know those lines will soften during production.

The chin is WAY off thou.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No description added to this picture but i guess it's coming from ACGHK (Ani-Com), right?

Reminds me of present-day Hugh Hefner. Not sure if that's a good thing.:lol

Honestly, without the robe and chair I'm not sure I would have gotten that this was supposed to be the Emperor.

No description added to this picture but i guess it's coming from ACGHK (Ani-Com), right?

I would say so, toyswire facebook has all sorts of other photos from the same show, it's definitely not comic con, seems like HT may have brought one version to SDCC, possibly unfinished paintwork, and brought the finished prototype here where it could be showed off.

I hope a more neutral portrait comes with it, but HT seems leaning towards more expressive sculpts lately and not as a second head but the only, so this could be it from them.

Back