Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures everyone!

I just had to remove the stitches on the left and right sides of his hood to get the desired look. Maybe if I had Palps standing, the stitches on the back of the hood would need to be removed as well but I don’t intend on ever taking him out of his throne. I also used peg extenders for his boots which might affect results as well.

Quick futz out of the box. Chair is pretty impressive and thankfully no issues that I can see, lights work, etc.

53a3d045fb9158fb4977240eb9d5ccbc.jpg

And with lights.

e89dcccfc2cd8387e5f0486fc830d8b9.jpg

Great futzing

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Does the robe have the correct texture and look, from what I remember in Jedi when the emperor sat in his chair you could not see his shoes or any under garments as can be seen in the Hot Toys version, also the texture and fastner look oversized.

I really like the chair, but I do have a small mark on mine also; it's not big enough for me to care though, and deal with sending it back. Also does anyone have some of the darker purple paint that's in the recessed areas of the chair bleeding to the cushioned parts? Not a big deal either, but looks a little sloppy.

Anyway, like I said I really do like the chair for a $95 add on. How would this compare you think to Han in carbonite? Other than maybe having the lights have a display pattern, it seems like it'd be the same level of effort unless I'm missing something. I still can't really believe Sideshow's is $250.

I was not prepared for the size of the throne. I will say that.

So it’s personal preference but given that I got them both in the same week, the Carbonite block was more impressive to me. But it’s triple the price technically so retail value goes to the chair as it’s massive and very nicely executed. That said, the throne can’t live on its own in isolation (needs the emperor) whereas the Carbonite block can.

I always felt Boba was lacking, as I didn’t have any other figure to naturally pair him up with so the block really works with him. The one thing about the block though is it doesn’t really have a true metal vibe.

Rough on the way out. As much work as it takes to get him in the chair I already took him out. Chair does feel a little bit cramped in the detolf, trying out some different arrangements.

8e4273075f06c2de0ac3d41fd8da6c0a.jpg

520b83ae281821286005cd702454a32f.jpg
6bedc81065543db4f3e43a1b6170f791.jpg

Rough on the way out. As much work as it takes to get him in the chair I already took him out. Chair does feel a little bit cramped in the detolf, trying out some different arrangements.

8e4273075f06c2de0ac3d41fd8da6c0a.jpg

520b83ae281821286005cd702454a32f.jpg
6bedc81065543db4f3e43a1b6170f791.jpg

Wow. 10/10 on the detolf wide shot.:clap

I gave up on the long strip lights - started getting the newer round ones. IKEA got rid of the old strip ones but I kind of like how the round ones look versus the strips.

Looks good standing, even though you did a good job posing in the chair. I like the color the chair adds to his display though with the red guard.

Are those Jazz DS wall panels for Tarkin and Han?

Yeah, left side is all Jazzed up with budget versions. Two DS and then two Tantive below. Hides the wires though I wouldn’t mind some backgrounds on the right too or just a black backdrop. Can’t recommend the DS ones enough if you have a detolf, brings the shelf to life.

They look great. If you have pictures of them straight on, can you repost them? I think I may have missed these.

You mean just the full shelf? Here’s that and you can see the two doorways On either side I was talking about too.

ST heavy display at the moment but lots of overflow in the room and boxed up.

4b76df45187e0699a2c9725c23958a82.jpg

Back